Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-21-2020, 04:40 AM   #1
Brian

Default receiving paypal payments

When receiving a paypal payment, how does one actually get the money into their bank account?
Old 07-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #2
flatford8

Default Re: receiving paypal payments

It goes into the PayPal account then you transfer it to your bank account or use it to make purchases using PayPal.....Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:17 AM   #3
62pan

You will need to supply PayPal with your bank account info and routing number. I set up a separate account just for PayPal and only keep a few dollars in the account.
62pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
Bob/Pa

62pan got it right, set up a new bank account for just paypal. Keep a couple bucks in it. You won't regret it.
Bob/Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
cas3

i usually just leave the money at PP, because it just disappears when i buy other stuff. i believe you can also request a check, however it takes a couple weeks

Last edited by cas3; 07-21-2020 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
GB SISSON

Be careful though. About 3 years ago I opted to have a client who lives in the Midwest send me 12 grand on payment of a cabinet job for his island getaway. Super cool guy, a surgeon. All that was great. Then I went to transfer the $ to my business account so I could pay my employees and suppliers etc. Paypal would only allow me to take 1000.00 of it per month out of the account. I tried and tried to reach someone by phone. (Paypal isn't in the yellow pages). I finally got through to somebody online and they gave me 3 options to get my money out of thjeir account. The least invasive one was telling them my online keybank username AND password. WHAT? Now they are ME. I just couldn't believe it. I did that and then changed both. I got my money finally, but think of the interest they stood to make on MY money. I still use it for buying some car parts, but not much.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #7
leon bee

I'm just like cas3: make a nice ebay sale, get paid with PP. Then it goes right back out again for parts.
leon bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:02 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
I got my money finally, but think of the interest they stood to make on MY money.

Well, probably not near what you're thinking. On an extra account that you might use for PayPal, you can only expect to receive 'savings account' rates, which today average roughly 0.05% APY. Have you ever figured out what ONE TWENTIETH of ONE percent amounts to, even on $12 grand? Comes to about $6 bucks a year. You have to invest (wisely) that money somewhere besides a savings/checking account to even hope for some significant 'interest'. $12K INVESTED in the right places three months ago might have just paid you back a few bucks, though.

Believe me, I appreciate the reason for your post....it sucks, the way those guys operate sometimes. It can be a handy service at times, but I've heard far too many 'hen-house' stories about that operation, and reason-enough why I have NEVER had anything to do with that bunch. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #9
frnkeore

I've had PP for about 14 years. I do not like their politics but, I do like the way the money moves.

It is the safest transaction I know of, that is FREE. Yes, it's hard to get a hold of them but, I have never lost any money, using this service.

I just turned down a $200 deal, because the guy wanted only MO or certified check and wouldn't take PP (it was on HAMB and they recommend PP). He live in OH and I'm OR so, if anything happened I would have be SOL! I hated loosing the deal but, I still do have my $200.
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline
frnkeore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #10
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
i usually just leave the money at PP, because it just disappears when i buy other stuff. i believe you can also request a check, however it takes a couple weeks
Ditto for me too. I've had PP for ~ 10 yrs and really like it for buying and selling on the internet. I've never had any major issues with them whatsoever. I don't like giving them, or anyone, my bank acct info, or even setting up a separate bank account for that. I did, at one time, let it build up too high in $'s, but used it for some major purchases on line, and now keep it at a much lower $ amount.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #11
Mart

Remember checks? (Cheques). They have your bank account sort code and bank account number on them. That's how the recipient's bank knows which account to take the money from.
So I don't think it's too much of a problem to give out those numbers. It's your passwords and log in details, pin numbers etc that are sensitive.
That's my understanding, anyway, unless I'm missing something.
Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #12
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
................ $12K INVESTED in the right places three months ago might have just paid you back a few bucks, though.
...... DD
DD let me know were you are banking so I can invest there - My retirement fund is in international infrastructure Ports, Airports and property ie backed by physical objects which traditionally has meant less return but more safety than perhaps shares . In the last 4 months I have lost 15% of it- its climbing back but still a long way from pre COVID levels -Luckily at 56 I hope not to need it for a few more years.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #13
warhorseracing

I do not use Pay Pal. When dealing on the H.A.M.B. I use one of two things, U.S. Postal Money Order or cash in person. If a person does request I will send them a personnel check which is not often. I have both bought and sold on there and when the U.S. Postal Money Order comes I go to the bank, cash it and send the item that day and expect the same. I will not buy from a new member or even an old member that has a low post count without checking them out in their profile. I have even sent other members I know a PM and checked them out. Never have had an issue and do not anticipate one. If I do I know that Ryan will help in any way that he can which is contact the individual and find out what the issue is. Yes there are scammers everywhere and between him and Moriarty they police things pretty well.
warhorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #14
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I use PayPal almost daily with never a major issue. Even use it to transfer money between family members. When you are a buyer there is a degree of protection. When your a seller that can work against you, but that's the way it works. I tend to not deal with sellers that don't use PayPal, just too much chance for problems.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:51 PM   #15
mrtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseracing View Post
I do not use Pay Pal. When dealing on the H.A.M.B. I use one of two things, U.S. Postal Money Order or cash in person. If a person does request I will send them a personnel check which is not often. I have both bought and sold on there and when the U.S. Postal Money Order comes I go to the bank, cash it and send the item that day and expect the same. I will not buy from a new member or even an old member that has a low post count without checking them out in their profile. I have even sent other members I know a PM and checked them out. Never have had an issue and do not anticipate one. If I do I know that Ryan will help in any way that he can which is contact the individual and find out what the issue is. Yes there are scammers everywhere and between him and Moriarty they police things pretty well.
Postal MO are a PITA if they get lost in the mail. Two got lost for me one day, seller never got them. One of the two got back to me two years later. The other never got back to me. You better have saved the receipts if you want to get your money back. They also charge a fee to get a refund. You wait 6 months to get the money back BTW, talk about customer service. If someone wants me to send a PMO I send them a personal check and tell them to wait until it clears or send them paypal. Postal MO, no thanks. If someone wants to send me a MO, OK, the risk is on them for PITA government "customer" service.

The other problem with PMO is you have to deal with the idiot postal workers. Went to PO to mail package, the postal worker sells me a label and it comes back to me should have been priority mail instead of 1st class. No refund for postal workers mistakes.

Last edited by mrtexas; 07-21-2020 at 09:59 PM.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:43 AM   #16
Aarongriffey

I had good luck with PayPal and used it often, especially when buying on eBay since 1999.
Then about five years ago a scammer was going to get a virus out of my TV over the internet.
He wanted to be paid first by PayPal.
When I tried to pay him PayPal called me and said they had dealt with him before and that he was a scammer.
To make sure I didn’t deal with him they cancelled my PayPal account. That was about six years ago.
Now anytime an eBay seller has something I want and only takes PayPal I gotta forget it.
I have bought maybe two items on eBay in the last five or more years, maybe one, because I have no PayPal account. Up until they shut me off I had 100% feedback and 250 dealings.
Life’s a beech, and then you die.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #17
54vicky

a virus in your tv?
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #18
warhorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtexas View Post
Postal MO are a PITA if they get lost in the mail. Two got lost for me one day, seller never got them. One of the two got back to me two years later. The other never got back to me. You better have saved the receipts if you want to get your money back. They also charge a fee to get a refund. You wait 6 months to get the money back BTW, talk about customer service. If someone wants me to send a PMO I send them a personal check and tell them to wait until it clears or send them paypal. Postal MO, no thanks. If someone wants to send me a MO, OK, the risk is on them for PITA government "customer" service.

The other problem with PMO is you have to deal with the idiot postal workers. Went to PO to mail package, the postal worker sells me a label and it comes back to me should have been priority mail instead of 1st class. No refund for postal workers mistakes.
I have never had any of those experiences and yes I do save the receipts. I am from a small town rural WV and our postal workers are all local people, we all know one another. Maybe in a city you have those issues but I never have.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #19
Krylon32

I like PP and use it often. Once and a while the customer forgets to send it friends and I get charged the fee which on some of my products can be substantial. I just contact the customer and they usually send the fee. I also have a separate bank account just for PP and it's not my main account. I like mrtexas have had some bad experiences with PMO's. Usually when I tell the seller my business they take my business check and hold the product until it clears which is fine.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #20
3739ford

Nothing but good experience with PP since 2008 when I signed up. Tied it to my bank account; never an issue. I have a very good password, and never save them on the computer. I prefer to login/out each time. The way I travel sometimes PP makes it very easy to order parts on Sunday and have them at my doorstep on Friday when I return. The MO is a PITA as my post office never has over one guy working and the line to see him is always out the door.
3739ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #21
tubman

A couple of tips I will offer about PayPal. The first may be obvious, but it should have it's own email account; don't tie it to your regular email account. Second you should ensure that your PayPal username does not contain any "confusing" characters. By this I mean "1"'s and "I"'s, "O"'s (ohs) and "0"'s (zeroes); anything that makes a typo possible. Paypal, in it's infinite wisdom, does not edit payee names against their own internal data. If someone makes a typo (types a"1" vs. an "I"), the payment will be accepted and goes into limbo. In this case, you have to contact the payee, have them cancel the payment, and then resend it to the proper username. I had this happen to me several times and it's a hassle to get your money. I have since changed my username to a very unambiguous one. It's their suystem; why can't the edit their own usernames? I started in the computer business in 1965, and we did it back then. I think that at any one tome they have a bunch of money floating around in this particular limbo, and they are operating on the "float".

Having a separate bank account is also a good idea. It can also be used if doing wire transfer, etc. so everything is isolated.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #22
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
$12K INVESTED in the right places three months ago might have just paid you back a few bucks, though.
DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
DD let me know were you are banking so I can invest there.

Karl....I KNOW that you know better. BANKS are not usually where you invest. That was my point! As some of us know, the worldwide market began to take a hellacious dump beginning in mid February due to the cootie-bug virus. Tumbling oil prices didn't help matters, and by the latter part of March, me and Momma had lost an obscene amount of cash on paper. I'd like to BELIEVE that I was smart enough NOT to cut my losses by cashing anything in. Here we are three to four months later and things have come-back swimmingly to a point not too far removed from where things went south. My point was merely that had a guy invested that $12 GRAND wisely (not the bank) in late March, he could have easily made 30+ percent on his investment by now. We ALL need to remember though that real INVESTMENT involves some risk. That is particularly true when you invest in a life insurance policy. You risk some serious death before there will be a significant return on your investment. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #23
warhorseracing

I frequently get e-mails that tell me my Pay Pal account will be locked if I do not respond. I do not have any account with them and have heard of too many scams with Pay Pal so I will not have it. Same as Face Book. No need for all of the the drama.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #24
Aarongriffey

54Vickey,
You know old guys get their mix talked up sometimes.
I meant virus in my computer. At least now I know somebody is reading my posts.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:22 PM   #25
frnkeore

I really dislike MO's!!! And won't use them. I do send cash in the mail if, it's under $50, rather than a MO.

I fail to see how people can justify requiring a MO on HAMB when HAMB's official policy is this:

Quote:
Hey guys, we continue to have issues with a scammer here in the classifieds. I recommend two things to keep your buying experience safe and free of fraud:

1. Do not pay for anything by money order or check. Stay safe and use PayPal. It's really the safest way to buy anything over the internet.

2. Do not buy or trust anyone with zero posts. Typically, about 90% of the fraudulent classifieds users we discover have zero posts and haunt the "wanted section" for their victims.
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline
Old 07-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #26
my4dv8

For us down under money transfer is a right PIA, just way too complicated . PP is the only way to go for us .. If an advert says no PP I just move on .
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:53 PM   #27
mhsprecher

There are other options, like Venmo (owned by PayPal) and Zelle, which I have never used. The biggest problem with Venmo is that there is a maximum amount that you can transfer. No fees, either, unless you want to transfer to your bank account immediately.

Venmo is great for face-to-face transactions. I sell stuff on Craigslist all the time and Venmo is a good option. I also use PP often on eBay, but also transferring $ within the family. Pretty painless, except when there are fees.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #28
IndianapolisRacer

Several years ago I was high bidder on a 1960 Corvette located in Northern Illinois , the seller required a $1000 dollar deposit and full payment in 3 days . I used Pay Pal for deposit and because I live in Southern Illinois hooked my truck and trailer up and drove up to sellers home much to his surprise . The car was a total misrepresentation , the body was mounted on a 1953 Chevrolet frame and went down hill from there . I told seller I was not taking car and asked for my deposit back , he said he would think about it ! Seller would not return deposit , I went to Pay Pal and Ebay asking for help , neither one would help me , I gave seller a bad rating only to have it removed by Ebay , my only consolation is that I didn't send all the $ and have that junker sent to me .
IndianapolisRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #29
warhorseracing

I fail to see how people can justify requiring a MO on HAMB when HAMB's official policy is this:

Quote:
Hey guys, we continue to have issues with a scammer here in the classifieds. I recommend two things to keep your buying experience safe and free of fraud:

1. Do not pay for anything by money order or check. Stay safe and use PayPal. It's really the safest way to buy anything over the internet.

I do not know about "Official Policy". Maybe a recommendation, along with the low post count members. I have been on the H.A.M.B and just recently registered here. I would not attempt to sell or buy anything until I have been here for awhile and then send a PM and talk to the seller or buyer either via e-mail or on the phone.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:24 AM   #30
frnkeore

You might note the verbiage in his statement, it's not don't or shouldn't, it is "do not".
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline
Old 07-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #31
warhorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkeore View Post
You might note the verbiage in his statement, it's not don't or shouldn't, it is "do not".
I "Do Not" feel safe with my money in a system that I do not trust. U.S. Postal Money Orders are protected by law in that money sent for nothing in return can result in Federal Law Violation charges, U.S. Mail Fraud.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #32
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
I frequently get e-mails that tell me my Pay Pal account will be locked if I do not respond. I do not have any account with them and have heard of too many scams with Pay Pal so I will not have it. Same as Face Book. No need for all of the the drama.
Very interesting, I use PayPal almost daily and have never encountered any of this.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #33
tubman

Quote:
It's called "Phishing".
Old 07-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #34
warhorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
Very interesting, I use PayPal almost daily and have never encountered any of this.
Possibly because you have it. I do not and it is my choice. As long as both the seller and buyer are satisfied with the end result is the main issue. I sold a three speed floor shifter to an individual on the H.A.M.B and requested the U.S. Postal Money Order. The day it arrived I cashed it and sent the item the same day. It arrived and was as I had described it so he let me know that he had got it and was happy. I had my money and all was good in the world. All of this after we discussed that it was new in the packaging and he viewed the picture. He wanted a picture of it spread out so he could view the parts. I initially hesitated to do this as it was still shrink wrapped to the cardboard backing but we had conversed so I removed it from the factory packaging and laid it all out in pictures. I even showed pictures of the installation directions and contents sheet so he could verify it was all there. I never felt as if he was scamming me as the item was discussed in a thread in which I mentioned that I had what he was looking for and to PM me if he was interested. Ryan and his crew do a very good job of policing and keeping things in line and they cannot protect everyone only issue guidelines to attempt to protect the genuine members. If you would not sell me a part because you do not accept the money order or a check then I move on. Your choice and mine.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #35
frnkeore

I don't know if it is everywhere but, in my area, the PO "will not" cash one of there own MO's. I have to deposit it in my checking account. They won't do it, even if it is to buy their service, I've tried!

My person belief, the reason they won't cash them, is they are afraid that some are counterfeit. Easy to do in this digital world.

And if you think that the PO will tract someone down that has supplied a fraudulent item, dream on.

I have beach front property in AZ for sale but, I won't take a MO for it

I hope you know I'm joking
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline

Last edited by frnkeore; 07-23-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #36
warhorseracing

I hope you know I'm joking

Yes I know that you are joking but if I was to buy that property from you I would be there in person.
Whatever one chooses to enable a transaction so be it. Be it either a MO, Pay Pal, check, or cash in person. The last one is king and will trump any other form of payment. Ask Rocketron from the H.A.M.B when I showed up at his door above Boston from my home in WV to buy his '55 T-Bird. We had conversed even on the phone and he graciously took additional pictures of the frame and underneath for me to view. Of course final inspection was in his garage but he did not misrepresent and I had cash in hand.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:51 PM   #37
my4dv8

Something I did not know ,but on checking PP fees they charge a US seller to a US buyer 2.9% plus 0.30c per transaction . But to us who live elsewhere As a buyer they charge 4.4% and a fee to be determined. Why ? We are contributing to the American economy.
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:46 AM   #38
frnkeore

Here in the US, they have a "Friends and Family" transaction. If you choose it, there are no fee's, at all.
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline
Old 07-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #39
itslow

I've never had a problem with PayPal as a seller or a buyer, and I've transacted a lot money both directions using it over the last 19 years. It's my preferred method of online funds transaction with individuals.

I have been burned big time as a buyer when using USPO money order to the point where I needed to report the fraud to the Postmaster General. I eventually got my money back many months later. As a buyer, I will never again send a USPO money order (or bank cashier's check) to an individual as payment for an item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Be careful though. About 3 years ago I opted to have a client who lives in the Midwest send me 12 grand on payment... Then I went to transfer the $ to my business account so I could pay my employees and suppliers etc. Paypal would only allow me to take 1000.00 of it per month out of the account...
What type of PayPal account do you have? What levels of verification have you completed (address, bank account, etc)? Were you trying to transfer it to a bank account, other PayPal account, requesting a check from PayPal?

I've never had an issue extracting >$1000 amounts from PayPal, and I'm not set up as a business account. I have previously in years past verified my address and banking information with PayPal, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
...Second you should ensure that your PayPal username does not contain any "confusing" characters. By this I mean "1"'s and "I"'s, "O"'s (ohs) and "0"'s (zeroes); anything that makes a typo possible. Paypal, in it's infinite wisdom, does not edit payee names against their own internal data. If someone makes a typo (types a"1" vs. an "I"), the payment will be accepted and goes into limbo. In this case, you have to contact the payee, have them cancel the payment, and then resend it to the proper username...
To avoid any errors caused by purchasers entering your PayPay account address in wrong, you can send a "Request payment" message to them via both the PayPal website and phone apps that includes the correct amount to be paid and payment type (goods, friends & family, etc). All they have to do is select which of their payment accounts they want to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkeore View Post
I don't know if it is everywhere but, in my area, the PO "will not" cash one of there own MO's. I have to deposit it in my checking account. They won't do it, even if it is to buy their service, I've tried!

My person belief, the reason they won't cash them, is they are afraid that some are counterfeit. Easy to do in this digital world.
The issue isn't the post office is afraid of counterfeit money orders; they can verify the validity on the spot. What is more likely is that smaller post offices do not carry the amount of cash in their drawers necessary to cover high dollar money orders.

Quote:
...Be it either a MO, Pay Pal, check, or cash in person. The last one is king and will trump any other form of payment...
Cash can pretty easily be counterfeited. When selling a car or expensive part do you marker each and every dollar you receive as payment? I think I've only ever once had a seller do that to the cash I gave him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4dv8 View Post
But to us who live elsewhere As a buyer they charge 4.4% and a fee to be determined. Why ? We are contributing to the American economy.
They may be charging that to cover exchange rate and currency conversion costs, or they're being greedy. Perhaps both.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #40
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
To avoid any errors caused by purchasers entering your PayPay account address in wrong, you can send a "Request payment" message to them via both the PayPal website and phone apps that includes the correct amount to be paid and payment type (goods, friends & family, etc). All they have to do is select which of their payment accounts they want to use.
Pretty hard to do when selling on eBay. You may be able to do it, but I don't want to go through the extra hassle.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #41
frnkeore

Quote:
The issue isn't the post office is afraid of counterfeit money orders; they can verify the validity on the spot. What is more likely is that smaller post offices do not carry the amount of cash in their drawers necessary to cover high dollar money orders.
The 3 times I tried, was for amounts, under $100. I believe one of them was for $25-30. The excuse was as you stated, no money in his draw. That was before you could use bank cards and most of their business was cash!

If you use a personal check, the issuing bank HAS to cover it, if there are funds. PO, not so much
'54 Ford Tudor Mainline
Old 07-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #42
rich b

As times were changing; I ended up having to run down to the "ghetto" post office to cash higher dollar money orders. They always seemed to have a full cash drawer on Fridays.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #43
itslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Pretty hard to do when selling on eBay. You may be able to do it, but I don't want to go through the extra hassle.
It's not hard on eBay. Never once as a buyer have I had to enter a seller's PayPal account information in order to send payment. It's all automated by eBay. You, as a seller, add your PayPal account information to your eBay account and the system takes care of the rest.

It's also incredibly simple for transactions outside of eBay.

You're just being lazy.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote