Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #81
johnh7

Default Re: Mac's USA made master cylinder or so I thought

Just so you guys know, I also wrote Scott [the Mac's representative] an email and sent him a copy of what I wrote here so he can't "get busy" and miss it. In addition I told him, "It is very clear to me the the two master cylinders came from the same overseas source. Forensics will easily prove that. You don't want this investigated." The ball is in his court. Lets wait see what he and his company does.

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #82
johnh7

Scott,

If you want me to “just go away” what I want is simple. These are my demands;

1. Admit on the Ford Barn that this part is also foreign made.
2. Refund my money and do an investigation into who else has purchased this part and refund them their money. (this might be expensive, but it will save you the fines the Federal Trade Commission would impose and will show how badly you want to do good business.)
3. Clean up your web site so that no parts are posted as USA made when they are not.

If you do the above I will be happy and “just go away”.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #83
Eckler's

John,
We are humans we make mistakes just like everybody else. We are working to make this right for you. Mistakes do happen just like in any other business. Like i said in the previous post we did not set out to intentionally deceive you or any other customer in any way. My goal and mission for being on this forum is for reasons like this. To help us become a better company. We are further investigating what can be done next.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Old 05-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #84
johnh7

Scott,

You understand that according to the FTC your company did not have to do this deliberately for them to be in violation? If enough people were like me fooled, then the crime was committed whether it was intentional or not. If you have trouble believing that, then have your legal department read the Federal Trade Commission Act. It is very clear under chapter 5 which deals with unfair or deceptive practices.

As you can see [refers to another email not posted here] I am not wanting any compensation aside from my original purchase price returned. It is also only fair that others who paid extra for a USA made part are also refunded. Part of the crime is financial loss, so refunding me and the others will remove that "element" of the crime. That would be a great step showing how badly Mac's wants to do good and "honest" business. If I represented your company I would make sure that is what is done.

I understand that you have to talk to your superiors who will also discuss it with their legal department etc., but I would like a timely response.

Last edited by johnh7; 05-28-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #85
JWL
Member Emeritus

If there are no marking or identifying characteristics the demand for admission of non-USA manufacture is asking a bit much.

I suggest Mac's refund the purchase price and move on.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #86
NealinCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWL View Post
I suggest Mac's refund the purchase price and move on.
Agreed.

I thought this was a hobby and supposed to be fun. Reading some of this makes a guy reluctant to even sell parts to another hobbyist in fear of being sued.

Neal
Old 05-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #87
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh7 View Post
Thanks and I appreciate your wanting to do good business, the only problem is I received the part this morning and it is identical to the first one you sent me. All the marks and letters on it are exactly the same. The only difference is it did come with a push rod and this one is not in a Wagner box. It came rolled up in bubble wrap.

There are no stickers on it except for the one on the bag which reads: "Master Cylinder / Federal Mogul / W / Boot & Pushrod." What are the odds that Wagner made this exactly the same way before outsourcing to overseas? There is nothing on it or with it that says USA Made. What about it distinguishes it from the foreign made one? I guess if you say so? hahahaha

If I choose to push this I am sure it can be proved this came from the same overseas manufacturer. You say that selling something as being made in USA when it is not, is "bad business", that is a nice way of saying it is illegal.

Your company violated the Federal Trade Commission Act when it listed it as USA Made. Selling it to me with your sticker saying USA Made over the one that says Made in Taiwan furthered the crime. Charging me a premium because it is USA Made is tantamount to theft. I am guessing that you must think me stupid and easily fooled and appeased? Wrong is wrong, it doesn't matter how much you sweet talk it or candy coat it.

It is my opinion that I now have two foreign made master cylinders. The tooling and casting marks are identical. Both have B-34 stamped on the left side. Want me to call the Federal Trade Commission and let them investigate this and see if they agree with me? If they do, and find this one is exactly the same as the first one which clearly was marked made in Taiwan, you will have made their case for them. You are a company representative who is talking to thousands of customers and you wrote that this one is Made in the USA, your company told me on the phone it is USA Made and your receipt says "USA" behind the item description. Is that supposed to mean it was manufactured in the USA? I was promised this one is USA made and that it would be overnight-ed to me that day and they would also send me a gift certificate to appease me for my troubles. They waited a full 24 hours to even submit it to Fedex and there was no gift certificate. Let's see if two out of three promises were broken what are the odds the third one was broken too? If this one is determined to be also foreign made your company will pay millions in fines. Just the news that you are being investigated will cost you many sales. Not a good way to go.

I spent most of my police career as an investigator. After I retired, I spent almost 4 years in Iraq investigating, locating, arresting and prosecuting terrorists. I had a top secret clearance. I don't think I will have much trouble getting the Federal Trade Commission to listen to me. My investigative skills have not diminished.

Do you really want to pass this one off as USA Made? The ball is in your court. Don't test me to see if I will really push this. You won't like how I play. I will wait for your personal response to me. [email protected].

Not getting back to me will be interpreted by me as "go for it".
I'm very much a "made in the usa" guy. Don't believe me, read this:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=23701

You wouldn't believe the trouble that has gotten me in...

Anyway and even so, I think you need to lay off man. We are all old car people here and need to give each other the benefit of the doubt. Threatening people with your war time investigative skills and demanding a public response is crossing a line that I'm not comfortable with hosting.

Oh, and full disclosure - Mac's is a sponsor. I happen to like those folks too...
Closed Thread