Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
wingski

Default Re: Shop question

The main thing you should be concerned about is noise. The Honda EU2000i is rated as being hospital quiet and it just hums along. I have two of them that can be hooked together to put out 4000 VA, and when the two are running the sound is not much more than just one. I still can’t believe how dependable and efficient these things are. I’ve had mine for almost twenty years, and they still look almost new and run like new. They each weigh 46 pounds and are easy to move around. I bought the two so I could have a lot of power with out having a bigger unit, or just use one of them for camping or whatever.

If you get any brand of generator remember to run all the gas out of it each time you use it, then it will last you a long time without problems.

Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
100IH

RV generators are INVERTER type units for RVs at twice the price. Look at your needs and consider a contractor type. RVs need very clean power for computers and TVs but you likely could get buy with the more efficient, cheaper unit.
100IH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #23
Railcarmover
BANNED

Who conned you into accepting a rented storage as a shop?no,lemme guess,I have one of them too.You have to get a little 'quid pro quo' going when relocating,she gets this,you get that..as the old Jerry Reed song goes,'she got the gold mine,I got the shaft'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqe8n-pbqQ
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:01 AM   #24
Tom Wesenberg

I don't know what the EU stands for, but the "I" stands for inverter, which means the generator power is sent through an inverter to turn it into clean 60 cycle power, just like the house current. These also have the 12 volt battery charging plug, and when power isn't being used the generator idles down.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:03 AM   #25
SeaSlugs

Oh and FYI brake cleaner will eat the sealer used on concrete floors... dont ask how i know or why theres now newspaper permanently adhered to the floor of my old storage unit. (turns into tacky as hell stuff but as the brake clean evaporates it hardens back up....)
Old 01-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #26
katy

Quote:
Will someone explain the EU in front of the number and the i after the number on the Honda generators? Jack
http://powerequipment.honda.com/gene...ng-a-generator
Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #27
BillCNC

This reminds me of when we had to get rid of a car from a friends shed back in the early 80's. We had no power and the car was in the middle of the rear end being worked on. We thought about just dragging it out, but the owner was trying to fix it and not destroy it.

Well, it was his wife who came up with the genius idea. We bounced light wherever we needed it with mirrors. Yes, it looked pretty funny, but the work went like clock work. As the sun would move his wife would adjust the mirrors.

Regards
Bill
BillCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #28
duke36

Consumers Reports rated the Kohler Pro 2.81 inverter and the Kohler Pro 7.5E gas powered portable the highest but a little noisier than Honda. One Honda had recent recall for gas leak.

Last edited by duke36; 01-21-2018 at 06:31 PM.
duke36 is offline   Reply With Quote