Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
Mart

Default Ford Flathead valve setting. 32 Frame strengtheners. 32 Pt21 59 pt15.

Hello! Welcome to another thrill packed white knuckle ride through Mart's garage.
The 59 Flatty gets a set of valvegear gathered from every dusty corner of the shop.
The 32 chassis gets some spiffy new brake pipes now the rear radius rods are in place.
The motley selection of valves get turned down on the trusty Willson slantbed lathe.
I make some strengthening braces to stiffen the 32 frame. I hope.
So strap yourselves in and lets go!

Do you think I'm overselling it???

Many thanks to my subscribers, I hope you find something useful, or at least entertaining in my old Ford related dickery.
Cheers then. Mart.

https://youtu.be/oxtM6t_HwwQ
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
Ol' Ron

Default Re: Ford Flathead valve setting. 32 Frame strengtheners. 32 Pt21 59 pt15.

Any reason why you don't use an 8ba valve train??
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
corvette8n

Default Re: Ford Flathead valve setting. 32 Frame strengtheners. 32 Pt21 59 pt15.

Mart I always give you a thumbs up, it’s entertaining and interesting and if I ever get to go over the pond, I’ll pm you.
corvette8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
Mart

Thanks Vette.
Ron, I tend to try and reuse what I have. Parts that are cheap in the USA are quite expensive by the time they get here, with shipping and duty factored in. When I'm playing with the flatheads I'm just tinkering, rather than doing a proper rebuild, hence the use of the parts I have. With this motor and the crusty flatty I'm building them for fun (and interesting video content) and don't actually need either of them. If I had a lot of torn down 8BA parts around I'd probably be using those.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #5
Ol' Ron

I know exactly what you mean. I have a lot of leftover "Stuff" from past builds. I get most of my stuff from scrap yards to save the bucks. Take care, be safe.
Gramps
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:49 AM   #6
Fortunateson

Mart, you've been officially added to my list of British TV that I watch! Every week I watch you and if not Friday night then by Saturday afternoon at the latest. Then I'll watch another favourite car show, Cold War Motors, that you mention from time to time. That reminds me, tomorrow I have to get into the shop for a " level one tidy"...
Fortunateson is offline   Reply With Quote