Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
wrndln

Default 30/31 inner trunk panel help needed

I posted a thread a couple days ago about trunk inner panels, but got no responses. I have a related item that I hope will get some responses. I have an original inner trunk panel that a fellow Fordbarn member with a 31 coupe wants to purchase. The problem I have is I don't have a 30 or 31 coupe or roadster to compare it to. I want to make sure the panel will fit his coupe. I took a picture of the end of the panel with a tape measure showing the measurement from the bottom to the top of the panel - about 9 3/4". I believe there might be at least two styles of trunk panels. I don't want to sell him a panel that doesn't fit his car. I believe the panel in the picture is what he needs, but I am not 100% sure. If anyone with a 30 or 31 coupe with a trunk, not a rumble seat, could measure their inner panel like in the picture and post the information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Rusty Nelson

wrndln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: 30/31 inner trunk panel help needed

Don't you have a Coupe to compare it to? The '28-29 Roadster and all applicable '30-31 models require the panel be much taller than your '28 Coupe. I'd guess about 1-1/2" taller.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
wrndln

Default Re: 30/31 inner trunk panel help needed

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Marco,
I know about the shorter panel below the trunk on 28/29 coupes. I bought an original panel from Bert's and it is different in that it has indentations on the end so the end 2 bolts on each end can be put in from the top side. I just measured the inner panel on my 28 special coupe and it is about 8 3/4" whereas the taller panel I believe are for 28/29 roadsters and 30/31 coupes and roadsters with trunks and are about 9 3/4" per the measurement in the picture above. I believe 30/31 trunk panels don't have the indentation or depression so the bolts have to be installed from the bottom.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is online now   Reply With Quote