Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
bartmcneill

Angry Chickasha Swap Meet

Went to Chickasha Swap meet today, Thursday. How was your experience? Mine was not good. The lots were set up so that part of my lot was in the street, part of it was in a ditch so deep I could not back my trailer all the way in because it bottomed out. The lots were marked with green paint which you could barely see on the green grass. I was not happy. Older people were having trouble coming down the slope to look at my model A parts.
The bad thing is, I asked for certain lots (3) that we usually get and was told what was available was the crap hole (not their words) I got. What was on the 3 lots I asked for? NOTHING! There were 6 vacant lots where I wanted to be, very nice flat lots at that.
I will not go back in the morning, there was not that much people traffic and the strange way the lots were set up hindered my sales. There was an alley set up on one end of my lots that nobody knew was an alley so no one walked down it to look at vendors items. How was your expereince? I hope better than mine.
bartmcneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: Chickasha Swap Meet

Sorry to hear of your experience. Hopefully you passed your "feelings" along to the "powers to be".
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
quickchange

We had a good site BUT a lot of trading was done wednesday in the staging area before meet had opened, 70% of parts being offered was T , Never ever seen so many T wire wheels,100,s A bodies ,mainy cpe,s all sold before the meet started, Felt some prices a little high but manage to fill our 30* trailer including a nice 1918 T tourer for $8500, a steal, Not a lot of A bargins , Met some great folk but no barners ??guess they were to busy, Nice pair of bud vases for $75. If you wanted T it was there, No complaints with us ,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

I just got home a bit ago and while I have nothing to use as a barometer for the show(this was my first trip), I found some good deals- primarily in the staging area Wed. morning and a few while doing the late afternoon walk around talking to other vendors.

I was setup in the South Building and while they did screw up our space numbers(we were supposed to be SN08, but they changed it to SN12 without us knowing prior), I did sell out by 12p Thursday and walked around the rest of the day.

Found 3 good windshield frames, couple sets of rear fenders, Ford employee badges & memorabilia, and made some contacts on other A stuff I'm looking for. Also bought a few T parts.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
nostalgicford

THEY DID ME THE SAME WAY....THE SPACE i HAD LAST YEAR WAS NOT MARKED BUT SHE WOULDN'T LET ME HAVE IT...WAS EMPTY BOTH DAYS....HEY THAKS BART FOR THE AXLE STAND...I REALLY LIKE IT...WILL SAND BLAST IT AND POWDER COAT IT...
nostalgicford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
bartmcneill

Went to the swap meet at Norman, OK today. When I asked a couple of guys if trading was slow they said no it was just lunch time. They also said the met a couple of groups that came to their swap meet on Friday that had left the Chickasha meet because they were unhappy.
bartmcneill is offline   Reply With Quote