Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
James Rogers

Default I am still open

Just a quick note to let everyone here know that I am still operating and don't know why Google lists my business as "Perminately Closed". I can assure everyone that I am very much open and working. So much so that I don't have much time for message boards so, to get in touch, you will have to go to my web page and send an email.
Thanks to all who have inquired about me and my health. I am healthy but have had a couple of problems as has my wife but, most of that is behind us.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:50 PM   #2
Chuck Dempsey

Default Re: I am still open

Thanks for the update, and good luck....
Chuck Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #3
Synchro909

Why Google makes these crazy assumptions beats me. Some other software is no better. Who hasn't been caught by the computer or iPad or something else deciding what you want to say and changing it. I have seen some downright crazy and even dangerous results. Artificial intelligence - not likely.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
PC/SR

A friend of mine who owns and operates a camshaft design and grinding business was also listed on Google as out of business. His wife(the real business brains of the business) spent the time and energy to run down the reason. Seems it is simple. If you want Google to list you, you have to buy some advertisement. He and she wanted to sue Google but gave it up because no local attorney would take it on because it would cost a literal fortune. He sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission. He got no reply, but I urge anyone with the same problem to do the same. If enough letters pile up in the Google folder the buracracy may eventually do something, and/or they may wind up in the evidence of some Congressional Committee that someday decides to investigation Google.
Good to hear you are alive and well. I was wondering, because you did some good work for me I like having you as a resource for problems. In fact I am building a new engine and will contact you about some issues I am having.
PC/SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:29 PM   #5
WTSHNN

For what its worth I checked on my phone and computer, neither indicate the business is closed.

Some of the info from Google is submitted by the public. Sometimes that is legit and sometimes malicious.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #6
Terry, NJ

Glad to hear it! I was wondering....... Any others out there?
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote