Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-07-2019, 07:27 AM   #61
Mike Peters

Default Re: Will I fit in a Roadster??

What I'm reading from you guys is that 28-9 roadsters aren't too small, but the owners and buyers are too big. It's also true, as mentioned above, that people generally were not as big as they are today. So doesn't it pretty much boil down to how much a person wants a 29 roadster? If there is a will, there is a way...
Also, we should consider the wife/girlfriend when buying a roadster. Bring her along and see how much trouble she has getting in and out. That could also be a deal breaker.
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #62
rotorwrench

Default Re: Will I fit in a Roadster??

The Cabriolet is sized more like the Sport Coupe but they take a lot of care in keeping them due to the extensive use of wood. They are no roadster but at least the top comes down. Prices would be higher due to the rarity.

Ford was still in the small door and low belt line frame of mind on the open cars likely due to the former 26 & 27 model T open cars. The small door puts the B-pillar too far forward but that's the way they made them. For 1930, the belt line is a little taller and the doors were widened a good bit from front to rear so the B-pillar is farther back. The amount of room isn't all that different but they are definitely easier to get in and out of. The 1932 model sort of fixed all the size problems and with that & the V8 availability made them a lot more popular.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)