Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

View Poll Results: Repop Parts
Do like the idea 29 55.77%
parts are fine but should not have original name on them 11 21.15%
dont like the idea, devalues original parts 1 1.92%
parts should be dated 7 13.46%
state opinion 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #21
tjw

Default Re: Repop Parts

I have read the above " Poll " posting about reproduction parts, in this posting 1934calkid uses the Hogan Heads as an example of reproduction parts. Before using some ones product as an example how about researching that maker's products and get the facts correct about a product this person clearly know's very little about. I quote what has been written " New Ron Hogan Heads being remade and sold as Ron Hogan heads " They are not sold as Ron Hogan Heads in fact they have always been sold as Hogan Heads and they are NOT REPRODUCTIONS. It is very clear to me that they know very little about this Hogan product and it's history. In fact i will go as far as saying that these comments that have been made are very misleading.

READ THE FACTS ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.
The Hogan Flathead V8 Twin plug heads were made in New Zealand by the late Ron Hogan. The patterns for these heads were made from scratch, designed and made by Ron Hogan himself. He did not use another individuals pattern and rename it as some one has suggested may have happened. When Ron Hogan passed away the patterns were inherited by his son Garth Hogan and are still owned by Garth today. The patterns that are being used to produce these heads today are NOT new patterns. THE SAME ORIGINAL PATTERNS ARE BEING USED that Ron used and the heads are still made only in New Zealand. MADE WITH THE ORIGINAL PATTERNS , OWNED BY THE SAME HOGAN FAMILY so they are clearly not reproductions.

OFFICIAL RESELLERS OF THIS PRODUCT.
Mac's Speed Shop
Auckland. New Zealand
Graeme McNeill
Email [email protected]

Early Speed Parts
Melbourne. Australia
Terry Wills
Email [email protected]

Jerry Hopkins
Corsicana. Texas
Email [email protected]

PATE SWAP MEET
Jerry Hopkins will have the Hogan Flathead V8 Hogan Twin Plug heads, Mac's Speed Flathead V8 T5 bell housing adaptors and a number of Flathead Speed parts being made by myself on display at the PATE Swap meet coming up in late April. I will be putting a listing up about these parts latter.

Thank You
Terry Wills
Early Speed Parts.
Email [email protected]
Melbourne Australia

Last edited by tjw; 04-16-2016 at 05:40 AM.
tjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #22
stangblue

Cheap isn't good and good isn't Cheap! Buy OEM when ever possible and of course it will cost more. At least back yesterday USA manufactures had pride and morals in manufacturing more so than off shore back yard manufactures of today. If possible refurbish your old parts it may cost more in time and material than a reproduction part but at least you know what you have. You decide left or right picture

Last edited by stangblue; 04-16-2016 at 07:40 AM.
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
tjw

Thanks for reading my previous posting. I would like to thank all of you who have sent an email to [email protected] thanking me for posting the information on the Hogan Twin Plug Heads. It is great to receive so many favourable comments about the Hogan Heads. A few of you have asked about the Mac's Flathead V8 and Model A T5 bell housing adapters. We hope to have these on sale in the USA later this year. I will be putting up a posting on The Ford Barn soon. In the meantime here are a couple of photo's. The photo of the Model A bellhousing is a RHD one but we also do them in LHD for the USA market. If you need any information on these please email us. Thanks Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.jpg (37.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0149.jpg (38.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by tjw; 04-16-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #24
tjw

I have also been asked about the Flathead V8 Twin distributor Timing cover i am about to make. In a couple of weeks i will be starting to make the pattern to have it cast and machined. It will be similar in design to the one on the engine in the photo. This new product will be for sale in about 8 weeks. If you are interested in one send me a message. Thanks Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin plug twin dizzy 1.jpg (94.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-17-2016, 03:34 AM   #25
Knezevic

Terry without true hot rod entrepreneurs like you hard core hot rodders who live and breathe flatheads would be going at it like gladiators in an arena scrounging for the fast disappearing old stock that me be up for grabs to the death! I can only sincerely thank you for your effort in keeping such a high quality product alive, I will definitely order a set of these heads for my latest roadster project. You have inspired me mate.

People like 1934calkid unfortunately will always be around to try and kick true hottrodders like you in the nuts for what ever reason he may have??? but you need to keep persevering and I have no doubt your products will shine try in the end regardless of what the troublesome 3% try to do.
Knezevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #26
tallboyus

In reply to the 1934 calkid senior member that resides in florida. Interesting subject you have chosen on reproduction parts. We hotrod ers have known about reproduction parts for a long time, give us that much credit. Most interesting that you use the Hogan Heads as your prime example. Sir, as you should know by now the Hogan twin plug heads are made to the highest degree of quality and material. Made by Garth Hogan in NZ. I will correct you, these are not reproduction heads as you have described. Now senior member make sure you do your research next time you have something to say. Best regards......Jerry Hopkins
tallboyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:24 AM   #27
tjw

Hi Tom Knezevic Thanks for your order today for HOGAN Flathead Twin Plug Heads, Nash Twin 8 distributor and angle drive. I have pulled a nice Nash Twin 8 distributor and cap from my stock for you. The new angle drive's will be a couple of weeks as i am waiting on the next one's to come from my machinist. Cheers Terry
Old 04-18-2016, 07:17 AM   #28
tjw

Giving you Flathead V8 boys the heads up, this is the new Mac's Flathead V8 Fuel injection system that we will be bringing to you later this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fij.jpg (45.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:30 AM   #29
Bored&Stroked

While I may not agree with some of the comments of the original poster . . . seems that his thread has been hijacked to become an advertisement for Hogan and Mac's. Should probably start another thread and get into all the details and promote as such. I for one, do want to hear all about the new products.

D
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #30
tjw

Thanks Bored & Stroked Good comment i will work on a thread for the Mac's, Hogan,and Early Speed products as soon as i can. Thanks for your comments. Terry
Old 04-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #31
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I second B & S, would be very interesting to see a thread on all of these products!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #32
tjw

JSeery Thanks for your comment. I will do something about it.