Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #14
mngreen

Default Re: Miller / Cragar Date Code? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Sounds like WE owe guys like Cooper/Brierley/Winfield, et. al,. a debt of gratitude for their pioneering and passing on banger improvements for our touring engines, as well as race engine, eh !
I just fired off and runin a B that is a combo of all those guys contributions. It runs like a cat does from a greyhound

Be careful that it doesn't twist something stock... off ! Do you know bore/stroke #s ?
Sorry, don't know the numbers, but I would assume that most bore/stroke numbers for Cragars on 'B' blocks are the same, more or less. I would venture to guess I get somewhere between 6 to 7 CR based merely on 105~110 psi cylinder compression testing.

Yes, I agree with you about the passing down of banger information. While I never met Mr. Cooper, I have had an occasion to borrow one of Jim Brierley's prized stromberg jet wrenches which he so graciously loaned me some time ago!

I always tell interested people at car shows that my setup is like this:

The race engine wants to go-Go-GOO, but the rest of the Model A drive train says No-No-No!

Needless to say, I am very accomplished at double-clutching the crash box! I usually cruise comfortably at 50mph. One time I got it going just under 80 with the thing screaming bloody murder! Wouldn't try that again....
mngreen is offline   Reply With Quote