Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #22
Bob-A

Cool Re: Ford verse Chevrolet

I've owned two original unrestored 1929 Chevrolet's in my life. The first back in the late 60's while in high school. And the second for about 15 years, selling it just a couple of years ago. Both where great running cars and I miss them. But, my age and lack of proper enclosed parking space caused me to sell the last one. In my opinion the Chevy's were more stylish and with the OHV "Cast Iron Wonder" 6-cylinders more powerful. However, for ruggedness and simplicity, you can't beat the Model-A Ford!

Parts availability: Yes, spare parts for Model-A era Chevrolet's are not that plentiful. The reason being is because Chevy's are such great running cars they don't need the spare parts!

Why there are not many old Chevy's left compared to "A's": Chevrolet's were made with a lot better metals/materials vs Model-A Fords, so the scrap drives of WWII decimated the numbers of Chevy's left.

The above 'tongue-in-cheek' statements are what I would say to people and fellow Model-A'ers. While answering questions about the '29 Chevy
at car shows and cruise-in's.

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)