Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Dusty

Default Another fine day

On Saturday I put another 150 miles on the ole girl to attend a car show in conjunction with the Strawberry Festival in Buckhannon, WV. That is about 850 miles sense the weather broke in April and nearly 3000 miles sense taking ownership in August of 09.
I just put new tires on the front and thought that I had spent my required quota for the month but that was not the case. The water pump was leaking pretty badly at the show and I could not get it stopped but did get it down to a slow drip, I collected the leaking coolant in a container and refilled before for I left for home and made it with no problem.
I had always intended to install the leak less pump at some point and this seemed like a good opportunity to do so. I guess the point is I am still amazed how I can get around from point A to point B in an 80 year old car and the smile never leaves my face even though I know when I get home as always I will have to at least adjust ,tap or in this case replace something. Just thought I would share the fun I am having and the stuff about this car I am learning….oh by the way I took first place in my class(1930-1949) icing on the cake for a fun day.

Waiting on my new leak less water pump.
dusty
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Ray64

Default Re: Another fine day

Congrats to a fellow countryman
Ray64 is offline   Reply With Quote