Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #21
rotorwrench

Default Re: another barn find

The old 200 cid banger has plenty of torque for a 40 HP motor. I could easily get my 29 up to 55 MPH and more but the old 2-tooth steering box from a later 1930 car was worn pretty bad so I didn't push it unless I had to. She would start barfing coolant out the cap if I pushed it too hard anyway. I might do something with the motor again one day but the next motor going in is a V8.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #22
funrunr

Well, with the help of Seth, I'm thinking this is a 31 Deluxe. It is missing the cowl
Lights and perhaps a mirror (on left side A-pillar)
I have 4 project cars and two drivers, I'm hoping one of them sell before this Model A but time will tell. I told my wife I would buy it and list two of them to see which one goes first.
The other is a 62 Tempest Lemans convertable (another unmolested survivor) anyway here are a couple pics and I will list it for sale on the "A" site and the Tempest on the HAMB. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
Pictures show the holes for cowl lights and holes on the pillar for ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0367.jpg (11.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.jpg (10.7 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by funrunr; 02-07-2017 at 07:00 PM.
funrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #23
DD931

I should have mentioned that I was 15 in 1956.
DD931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #24
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrunr View Post
Well, with the he help of Seth, I'm thinking this is a 31 Deluxe. It is missing the cowl
Lights and perhaps a mirror (on left side A-pillar)
I have 4 project cars and two drivers, I'm hoping one of them sell before this Model A but time will tell. I told my wife I would buy it and list two of them to see which one goes first.
The other is a 62 Tempest Lemans convertable (another unmolested survivor) anyway here are a couple pics and I will list it for sale on the "A" site and the Tempest on the HAMB. Thanks for the help and encouragement.
Pictures show the holes for cowl lights and holes on the pillar for ?
Looks like it was a DeLuxe indeed, provided the holes near the cowl band are factory. If not who discerns?

The hole in the "a" pillar could have been from a spotlight, a popular accessory even for a Model A.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #25
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
Well I cut my early Ford teeth on the model A's. They are great cars and for driving around town, they can't be beat. They don't suffer from any overheating issues. Their limiting factors for long distance touring are interior room and over all speed. I can cruise at 50 mph nicely. I have had mine up to 65 but she is wound tight.

The car Funrunr picked up is a '31 standard coupe. The painted upper grill shell insert designates it as a 1931. It has a rumble seat but that most likely has been added long after the car was new. The passenger side tail light is also an after market addition. Get it running and driving, see how you like it.

John, perhaps you need to get into my 1931 Model A Victoria as pictured in my avatar? She'd be out of place at a V8 meet though. I'd sure let you drive it around any day John.
Seth, I'm thinking many V8ers are also fans of the Model A, although some may prefer they have a flathead V8 rather than the original 4 banger.
I might be wrong, but thinking a Model A would fit in the Display Class at an EFV8 C/A National Meet.
Thanks for the offer to let me drive your Model A.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote