Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #19
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: The best Model A I have ever seen!

Kevin
I originally responded to what you stated...nothing more nothing less::;

(Quote) AACA does not mean much other than paint and interior & not necessarily up close (Quote)

I never said that you were not qualified or you did not know what you were looking at... I was just responding to the misinformation of your statement..

Since you're very familiar with the judging process I would assume you have seen a senior AACA judging sheet and the areas it covers on an automobile... It's more than paint and interior and not from a far....

Having put a Model A through a junior, senior last year and a grand national this year, having 3 completely different groups of judges at each meet I can say they are made up of very knowledgable Model A folks that know what they are looking at...I wouldn't be suprised if many are involved in fine point also..

This particular coupe in question won the senior in 2004, many things could have been altered or changed on the vehicle since then, as well as the cars you have seen with improper hardware etc. bearing a senior badge..

How many times have we seen a senior car at a show that's won the title many years ago and the car is F**D, this doesn't mean it was in this condition when it won. Many cars had a rough life after the senior win its very sad...
Yes this car is not perfect but has been pretty well preserved since the win and u can see the owner is anal about driving it..

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 07-11-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote