Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 07:56 AM   #21
McMimmcs

Default Re: Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsprecher View Post
A guy in one of the local clubs got it as did his wife and son. All were in the hospital. A rough time for all of them. The odds of infection may be low, but given the age of most of us, it is nothing we want to contract.
For sure you are correct! False statistics like Above can lead to an unsuspecting death and should be removed!
Old 09-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #22
Lona

Yes, the virus us real and it is scary. My wife and I take careful precautions. However, don't believe everything you read or hear on TV from media that has an agenda. You really don't know the real figures.....only what they tell you. Deaths, for example, in many instances are counted if a person dies WITH covid but not FROM covid. And, do folks who test positive but with no symptoms really transmit it to others? We really don't know that as a fact yet.

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Old 09-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #23
rocket1

The AACA held a meet in Allentown Pa. in July or August I live not far from the fairgrounds but did not attend for fear of the COVID.I consider it was unconscionable to have jeopardized the health of so many people (500 cars attended) just to have a car show,hopefully no one got sick.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #24
WHN

There is a certain group of people that seem to believe that what we are going through now is made up, falsely presented, or a trick of a political party, whatever.

Tell that to the 205,000 people that have died so far, and the likelyhood that an additional 150,000 could die before the end of this year.

If your over 60 and get the virus, you chances of dying are about 5 in every 100 cases.

As I said earlier, “you got to do what you got to do”. However, please realize that there is something out there that is having an effect on real people.

I would hate to see any of us effected, or any of our friends and families.

Stay safe.

Enjoy
Old 09-26-2020, 11:06 AM   #25
Lona

Look up the CDC site. If a person dies of cancer but also has covid when he dies, the death is recorded as a covid death, thus skewing the numbers of deaths caused by covid. Same if a person has any other underlying condition that would normally result in death, they are still listed as covid deaths if they had it when they died. You just can't believe everything you read or see on tv or the internet. Everyone has an agenda.

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Old 09-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #26
dean from bozeman

Hey Glen,

'If a person dies of cancer but also has covid when he dies, the death is recorded as a covid death, thus skewing the numbers of deaths caused by covid.'

I know many who have a type of cancer but getting covid could put them over the edge. How is that counted?

What is my agenda? I'd rather it not be treated as something political but as an us versus the virus thing. If I'd rather we just face it and do our best to get rid of it, then I'm guilty. That is my agenda.

I, too, want things to be normal. I will be seriously depressed the first week in October. Hershey is near religion for me but if it were held this year I would stay clear. That would have been my choice. Because to get rid of it we need to distance, be absent or mask up.

For those of you going to Carlisle, please maintain a distance and mask up....and buy a bunch of parts that you need. Have fun. Stay safe.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #27
1931 flamingo

I've been to several car shows here this year, wear a mask when "wandering", and practice social distancing, however many do not, shame on them. Nationwide CT has one of the lowest infection rates. Supposedly people coming here from 35+- other states are supposed to quarantine 14 days or show a negative Covid test in the previous 72 hours, $1000 fine if you don't follow the rules, several fines have been imposed. FWIW
Paul in CT
Old 09-26-2020, 11:07 PM   #28
Ranchero50

Lightbulb Re: Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lona View Post
Look up the CDC site. If a person dies of cancer but also has covid when he dies, the death is recorded as a covid death, thus skewing the numbers of deaths caused by covid. Same if a person has any other underlying condition that would normally result in death, they are still listed as covid deaths if they had it when they died.

Glen
Yeah, that's part of the problem. Add in that the certifying facility gets $55k for a Covid death versus $35k for a non covid and figure the true totals won't be known for a couple years. Then it'll only be by how much difference there was from prior year morbidity. Covid versus heart failure, cancer etc. I'm expecting the normal morbidity numbers to drop about as much as the covid numbers go up.

Actual case counts are the same. Thanks to hippa restrictions there aren't lists of who has the bug or how many times they were tested positive so each positive test becomes a positive case. Add in the sample RNA duplication levels to get the tests sensitive enough to be useful and we get a bunch of false positives.

Worldmeters.com has pretty good statistics. I spent a lot of time watching the trends from March through June and you could see this pandemic go from reality based to fear based. Locally we are officially at 1.1% total infection rate after 6 months of infection. This bug ain't never going away...
Old 09-26-2020, 11:19 PM   #29
Ranchero50

Thumbs up Re: Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
Your statistics are false and very misleading! Last year 39,000 traffic fatalities! To date this year over 200,000 C19 deaths!
Quit fear mongering. You nor I nor anyone else knows exactly what's going on with the Covid in the states. Funny that the US is the only first world country that can't manage the infection regardless of what they do while other countries who have all or nothing to prevent it are running about the same infection rates.

Compile the data yourself and ask questions. The "facts" that we are being told don't line up with the reality of the bug. Ultimately there has been a ton of PTSD resulting from what amounts to psychological warfare from the brainwashing that we have received about this over the past nine months.

Good luck and stay well.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:22 AM   #30
ronn

My wife is a Dr at Upstate NY. they basically shut the hospital down for 4 months
for no reason at all. cases could be counted on 2 hands........... wife lost 2 full months of employment.

ask como how that big ship worked out for him. he never needed it.........
the hong kong flu took place in 1969. People didnt stop going to work or living.
no fear mongering- as a matter of fact- Woodstock took place.
think on that for 30 seconds.........
Old 09-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #31
WHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
My wife is a Dr at Upstate NY. they basically shut the hospital down for 4 months
for no reason at all. cases could be counted on 2 hands........... wife lost 2 full months of employment.

ask como how that big ship worked out for him. he never needed it.........
the hong kong flu took place in 1969. People didnt stop going to work or living.
no fear mongering- as a matter of fact- Woodstock took place.
think on that for 30 seconds.........
I am assuming your talking about Syracuse, New York.

Onondaga County (Syracuse New York) Covid 19 reported.

4142 reported cases.

201 reported deaths. 5%

5 presumed deaths.

Not taking a side here, just the facts from public records.

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited by WHN; 09-27-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #32
greenie-reddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Birdman View Post
Not necesarily, they need to follow the state's guidelines and I would imagine at some level Hershey is privately owned as well. Having said that.....

I had a friend that went to Carlisle GM this summer and he said the crowd was very light. People were well behaved and kept their distance. He said he felt safer there than at a local home depot. Good hunting and have fun to those going. Hershey IS having the Car show only next saturday. I will be there for that.
1. The Carlisle GM Show is always light.
2. The other Carlisle events have been well attended, although not at 2019 levels.
3. Fall Carlisle will be boosted by the cancellation of the Hershey Swap Meet.
4. Don’t show up in Hershey for the Saturday car show- it got scrubbed also.
5. The AACA is planning a car show on November 7, in Gettysburg. Wyndham Hotel Complex. Take your own chocolate!
6. Saturday October 17- Swap Meet at Maple Grove Raceway.
Great one day event. In by 8, out by noon. $5.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:18 AM   #33
shew01

Default Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
Yeah, that's part of the problem. Add in that the certifying facility gets $55k for a Covid death versus $35k for a non covid and figure the true totals won't be known for a couple years. Then it'll only be by how much difference there was from prior year morbidity. Covid versus heart failure, cancer etc. I'm expecting the normal morbidity numbers to drop about as much as the covid numbers go up.

Actual case counts are the same. Thanks to hippa restrictions there aren't lists of who has the bug or how many times they were tested positive so each positive test becomes a positive case. Add in the sample RNA duplication levels to get the tests sensitive enough to be useful and we get a bunch of false positives.

Worldmeters.com has pretty good statistics. I spent a lot of time watching the trends from March through June and you could see this pandemic go from reality based to fear based. Locally we are officially at 1.1% total infection rate after 6 months of infection. This bug ain't never going away...

Did you mean:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #34
Will N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
I looked it up a month ago and the 2019 automobile fatality rate was considerably higher than the covid death rate. You are literally more likely to die driving than from covid.

My wife's niece just got over it last week, two guys in my group from work have had it. All describe it as a moderate flu bug. The Covid wings in the hospitals have been shutting down for lack of need. I assume the bug mutated to be such a lesser issue than in the beginning. Be well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
Your statistics are false and very misleading! Last year 39,000 traffic fatalities! To date this year over 200,000 C19 deaths!

Here’s the data and the math:
Attached is vehicle death rate info from Wikipedia, source is NHTSA. 1.13 fatalities per 100 million miles traveled from chart.
Also attached is the math to calculate the death rate percentage for an average of 15,000 miles driven annually, which is 0.01695%
Also attached are the covid death rate percentages by age group from the CDC.
So, if you are under age 70, you do have a higher risk of dying in a car crash than from covid!
What this tells us is that 70+ year olds should self isolate if they feel concerned. Is it worth keeping the economy shut down now that we know these facts? What next, should we ban everyone from driving because they are dying at a higher rate from driving than from covid? What kind of pansyassed country have we become?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (54.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #35
ronn

WHN, good point...........at least 6 hospitals downtown and several on the outskirts. Ill let you do the math with the "fake" statistics.....lol
Old 09-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #36
McMimmcs

My error, wrong post.

Last edited by McMimmcs; 09-27-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #37
wwirz

Be safe....wait for a vaccine. See if you can find whatever parts you need on line in the meantime. It is hard to reach the clutch on a Model A if you are 6 feet away....underground. Enjoy the hobby.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #38
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwirz View Post
Be safe....wait for a vaccine. See if you can find whatever parts you need on line in the meantime. It is hard to reach the clutch on a Model A if you are 6 feet away....underground. Enjoy the hobby.
you are a very wise man. Hopefully the less informed will listen to you. I watched a man struggling for breath on a ventilator prior to his death with this terrible virus. . Nothing could be worse!
Old 09-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #39
ronn

back to the topic- just booked a motel in Carlisle for tuesday evening..........

can one get on the fairgrounds on tuesday afternoon, as vendors are setting up?

I have done this many times in the past at Hershey and am wondering, because it is gated admission and havent been there in over 10 yrs........
Old 09-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #40
Will N

There are certain kinds of people who get their information from CNN and the like who consider themselves informed. They think that if they step outside the safety of their houses, they will immediately be struck with the virus and they are doomed to die. Then there are other kinds of people who actually try to get the facts and figures, do a risk assessment, and decide for themselves if the risk is worth the reward. If everyone in this country were like the first type, who hunkered down in their basements waiting for the government to save them, there would have been no country to come back to once the government gave the all clear. Picture stepping out of a bomb shelter after a wave of B-17s have done their thing. Every business would have been bankrupt. The supply chain for essentials would have been broken and the economy would have ceased to exist. Thankfully, there are more of the second type of people still left in this country who made an informed decision and accepted the risk and kept enough of the economy alive so that when the first types peeked they're heads out of the holes they hid in, there was still a country left to come back to. Say "thank you" you first types! I run a greater risk of dying in a car crash heading for Carlisle than I do of catching the bug and dying from it from attending Carlisle. Wear a mask, wash your hands, live your life.
Closed Thread