Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-28-2021, 11:04 PM   #1
glennakayryan

Default 1926 Ford Model T Depot Hack

Looking for any guidance for selling this vehicle. My Dad passed over a year ago and Mom is in Assisted Living. We need to sell this car. Would love someone who knows about them and appreciates them to drive it, show it etc... like my Dad did. He built/restored it himself ....Engine and transmission rebuilt in 2006 or 2007.....wood spoke wheels....full block..."fat man" steering wheel....has always been in a garage....has new battery. We know how to start it and love to hear it running...unfortunately none of us learned to drive it! Hoping someone buys it, knows it and can drive it right out of the garage! We have it on Marketplace and 12 buy, sell, trade groups,....lots of compliments but that's about it. Are auctions a good way to go? Any suggestions?? Thanks
glennakayryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
A bones

Default Re: 1926 Ford Model T Depot Hack

This seems odd to me. We as a group are interested in Ts. We have our own T market place. Yet when I checked I see no ad for Dad's Depot Hack.

Give us a try, A lot of members here can't be satisfied with just one.

Also realize that some folk won't stop on the Forum and then the Swap meet. The plan is just look quick, what's new and move on.

Ford Barn>Swap Meet>For Sale

Last edited by A bones; 10-30-2021 at 11:18 AM.
A bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:06 PM   #3
fordwife

Where are you located?
fordwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:07 PM   #4
fordwife

where are you located? Maybe someone near you can help.
fordwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:09 AM   #5
glennakayryan

Thank you....we are located in Harrison, Ohio.....There is a Salty Dog Museum in Shandon and we've sold some parts to one of the owners. He has mentioned the car to a couple people he knows also. Trying to find out if they are putting out their newsletter or not...someone was quite ill for awhile. I will try the classified's ....and look for another group on Marketplace.

Thank you so much!
Old 10-31-2021, 11:20 AM   #6
redmodelt

Problem is, with the way the ads are set up here, the OP has to have 10 post in order to be able to reply. Putting any direct contact information in the ad leaves them at a higher risk of being scammed. There are ways to do it, as an example, writing out contact information on a piece of paper and posting a photo of it in the ad, or writing out some of the letters/numbers and symbols used in an email address or phone number. The OP also has this on Facebook, I don't recall which Model T page it is on, there are several.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
rotorwrench

There is likely a few Model T lovers in the greater Cincinnati area but I don't know if there are any local chapters of the Model T Ford Club of America there. There are chapters in the areas of Dayton and Columbus and there is another in Hillsboro so they are out there. Some model A guys eye the older models on occasion. C-List is good for local advertising and flea-pay is more for longer distance advertising.

Photos go a long way toward interest in purchase. Model year, body type, and condition is important. A person might be surprised how many folks look at the Swap Meet section on here but you will need enough posts to qualify. This keeps the scammers away to a certain degree.
rotorwrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #8
glennakayryan

Thanks everyone...posted on Model T Ford Club of Facebook....and Sold!!