Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
unclevinny

Question 1958 ranchero side window install

HELP!! I cant remember how the the window channel bar installs on the bottom of the side window glass. It has two roller slots one being twice as long as the other and a definate inside or outside am not sure what goes which way!!
unclevinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
bobss396

Default Re: 1958 ranchero side window install

I have a '59 Ford and don't recall how I lined it up. The doors were empty when I got the car and had to use parts from donors. I also took no pictures. Do you have the shop manual? There may be a body and trim manual available on eBay. I have one for my car, the '57 to '59 should be the same. Look up Jim Osborn reproductions.
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
unclevinny

Default Re: 1958 ranchero side window install

Thanks!! I asked several body shops and wasn't able to get any exact answers except to try it all different ways until it works !!! LOL my old manuals didn't show enough in its pictures, the door that i saved for a guide was different [ single arm instead of sizzor type] so finally went to local wrecking yard [My regular parts store] found a 54 ford and it had the same type while it is not exact it was all i needed to put my window in correct the first try!! I will pass this on to you so you will not scratch your head and second guess....... the bar that the glass beds in faces the inside of door with the open side of the rail carring the two rollers and the longer slot is in the rear, the short slot is forward. I now have one beautiful green tinted, smooth working, window installed!!! p.s. the glass forward edge has the sharper corner on the top edge, the slower curverd edge to the top rear!! again Thanks!

Last edited by unclevinny; 11-03-2017 at 07:04 AM.
unclevinny is offline   Reply With Quote