Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
MickyD

Default New friends on the forum

I just want to say it is so nice to meet new friends in person. I have belonged to street rod clubs but not a model a car club. I was very excited and pleased that people really know their cars. Wayne Michael came to my house the other day and I was so pleased to see how knowledgeable and friendly he was. I have also talked to a couple others on the phone and on the forum site and it is nice to have someone who knows a lot more than me. I know a lot about my 64 Ford Thunderbird but zilch about my model a roadster. All of you keep up the good work and thanks for all your knowledge.
MickyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
PalAl

Default Re: New friends on the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
I just want to say it is so nice to meet new friends in person. I have belonged to street rod clubs but not a model a car club. I was very excited and pleased that people really know their cars. Wayne Michael came to my house the other day and I was so pleased to see how knowledgeable and friendly he was. I have also talked to a couple others on the phone and on the forum site and it is nice to have someone who knows a lot more than me. I know a lot about my 64 Ford Thunderbird but zilch about my model a roadster. All of you keep up the good work and thanks for all your knowledge.
Hey MickyD, welcome to the "BARN". The experience and willingness to share knowledge by the good people on this Forum is unmatched. If you have not joined a Model A Club find one in your area, you will be happy you did. Model A people are good family oriented people. Don't be bummed if you get some negitive comments once in a while, there is always one a smart ass in any group. Remember, it's your car, do what YOU want to it and drive it, that's the fun part. Model A Clubs do a lot of touring, what could be better then being in a group of 10 or 20 "A's" driving down the road and enjoying your ride.
No question is a bad question, we have all asked a strange one at some point. So ask away. Think about joining MARC, MAFCA and MAFFI... check out their wed sites.
We all like pictures, so please share
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:45 AM   #3
1928Mik

I'll tell you what Micky, I've owned Corvettes and been on a Corvette forum. Stuck up people who thought they were better than you. I had a Viper and joined a Viper forum. Worst people ever, they were very pretentious and non-helpful, mostly smart asses. This A forum is very down to earth and helpful. Like PalAl says, there might be a smart ass here and there, but most of the time I've been impressed at the knowledge and eager people to offer assistance on this site.

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
GerryAllen

Ditto on the great people. Join a club in your area and you will have instant friends wanting to help you keep your car on the road.
Remember to drive it, I use mine as a daily driver from April - Oct and average 5000 miles a year. They are great cars and sort of easy to fix, that's where the knowledge and friendship of the local club guys comes in handy.
Gerry Birch Bay Wa
GerryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:37 PM   #5
MickyD

I don't mind a smart ass as long as they are smart knowledgeable about model a vehicles. LOL..
MickyD is offline   Reply With Quote