Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
yachtsmanbill

Default A New Years wish...

I sure wish you guys would put where youre from next to your avatars! I dont mean your addresses, but at least geographically! A lot of times it matters with Q & As and its just nice to know if its Iceland or New Zealand... Thoughts? Ideas?? ws
Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
Jack Innes

Default Re: A New Years wish...

Good idea Bill. Many of the early make forums require that you sign each post with your name, city, etc. Done right the avatar here has that information. It really does make a difference in many cases to know where the information originated.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Steve Jelf

Sometimes the answer depends on location too. For Model T parts shopping I might suggest Pate swap meet for somebody in the DFW area or Iola for someone in Wisconsin, but neither would be worth a long distance trip just for that. Also, if people know your general location they may be close enough for a little in-person help.
Steve Jelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
yachtsmanbill

Sometimes even to answer dumb questions, like how to seal wood for painting, winterizing and winter driving tips. That and its just nice to get a feel where folks are from.
Steve... I know you went to IOLA this past summer. Was it worth it? I missed this one which was the first in 20 years. Its so damn hot there and lately its been a brazillion small block chevy valve covers and chinese wrenches. INPUT?
Look at your personal info page. An avatar (pic) is cool and add where yer from; unless youre worried about the antique car cops from DC confiscating your hobby stuff! ws
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
yachtsmanbill

How about another wish... I wish the mtfc..... guys would quit sabotaging the ' barn. I think theyre muy cealoso over the fact that anything over there prompts niggerian scammers to have you buy untold wealth thats held in trust since their daddy's were executed in botswana...
This is in reference to the stupid stuff below that shows up periodically. If you look below your member info / avatar theres a report button to click on. Not so with these guys! Mods dont see this stuff, but use potty mouth and the wannabe mods turn you in. They are usually guys from across the hall too... Happy new Year fellas! ws
Old 12-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
yachtsmanbill

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jelf View Post
Sometimes the answer depends on location too. For Model T parts shopping I might suggest Pate swap meet for somebody in the DFW area or Iola for someone in Wisconsin, but neither would be worth a long distance trip just for that. Also, if people know your general location they may be close enough for a little in-person help.
Hey Steve... I heard they charge catholics and lutherans admission at the Pate swap. Presbyterians get in for free... any truth to that? ws
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
BORN2L8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
How about another wish... I wish the mtfc..... guys would quit sabotaging the ' barn. I think theyre muy cealoso over the fact that anything over there prompts niggerian scammers to have you buy untold wealth thats held in trust since their daddy's were executed in botswana...
This is in reference to the stupid stuff below that shows up periodically. If you look below your member info / avatar theres a report button to click on. Not so with these guys! Mods dont see this stuff, but use potty mouth and the wannabe mods turn you in. They are usually guys from across the hall too... Happy new Year fellas! ws

I hear ya. There has been quite a little battle going on over there lately about some guy not actually owning the T's he sells or something like that.
BORN2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
jackdaron

Shoot,you guys don't know a good scrap when you see it. Should have seen the one a few years back.
jackdaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
yachtsmanbill

I was on there a few years in one form or another until that porky twit garret came on... I had enough, told him off and then all the phony reverend deacon doctors started holding prayer vigils trying to heal me. Didnt work... now its my turn LOL... ws
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
fordman67

I got a new years resolution...to actually finish my t so my girls can ride in it...it won't be perfect but I can live with drivable...

And my location has always been there buddy.HOPe all is well up in the frozen north...
Miss our little buddy around here...
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
yachtsmanbill

Ta H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS with the judges! If ya cant have fun driving the darn thing, you sure aint gonna have fun wiping of fingerprints from admirers! When we go to car shows around here, I walk by the "perfectos" and look at the survivors!
This was the sunrise this morning over lake Michigan... only a mere 120 days until its flivver weather again... that also means a paint job on the Boat too... thats gonna be a ruff'n ! ws

Old 01-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
trulyvintage

Thumbs up Re: A New Years wish...

HAPPY NEW YEAR BILL ....

I am from the road so I don't know what else to put down ...

Looking forward to another year of your interesting posts

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
yachtsmanbill

Thanks Jim... needless to say, if yer ever up this way stop by for some couch time or a meal! ws