Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
John Duden

Default 9/11

REMEMBER TO THINK OF THOSE WHO DIED IN 9/11! And all who died saving others
John Duden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
James Rogers

Default Re: 9/11

God Bless AMERICA and all who salute her flag!
Damned be the zealots and terrorists who attack her!
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
bobpo

It's hard to watch the coverage as my wife and I were watching TV when the first plane struck the first tower. I remember thinking how could anyone, man or beast create so much carnage against so many innocent men, women and children?

It's so real all over again.

God Bless those who suffered then and those still do today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you........................
bobpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Rusty Homestead Fl

I'm blaming my red eyes on the sand blasting I did yesterday.
Rusty Homestead Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Peace to our country and god speed to our troops
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Clem Clement

I am sitting in the same chair as when 9/11 unfolded. We live near DC in Fairfax, NOVA. I ws retired and my Sandy was at her school in Annnandale when the news hit. Her school went to lock down so we agreed it was no sence for me to go to her. I watched the horror all day long, being on the phone with family and friends. My 5 kids are out in life and I tired to get in contact. My youngest was in California going to Harvey Mudd. He did not learn of the horror until he got to his first class. We helped a fellow clasmate of his cherk on her Dad who work in the Pentagon.

I hope, 10 years later, we are a better people for all this experience.
clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Six Pack to go

I will be playing the bagpipes at the Sussex and Morris County NJ 9/11 memorials today...NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET USA #1! ~Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 031 (3).jpg (70.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Today we remember all those who lost their lives that fateful day, September 11, 2001. We remember those who fought and those who gave their lives fighting for our freedom following that day, and those who are still fighting today in the name of freedom. G-d bless you all, and G-d Bless America.
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #9
John Duden

I was four when this taken place, i remember it clear as day, i was playing in the front yard, and dad told me to come in the house and watch tv,
IT IS STILL HARD TO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD OR COULD SUCH A TERRIBLE THING!!!!
john
Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duden View Post
REMEMBER TO THINK OF THOSE WHO DIED IN 9/11! And all who died saving others
AMEN to that!
Although it hurts...again...every AMERICAN on this earth should force themselves to watch the horrific record of events of 9-11-2001!
After ten years, people tend to forget and become apathetic about the sacrifices of our citizens and in particular our soldiers....
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
RcT

In 2001, my wife and I planned a cruise of the Northeast coastline, then the St Lawrence, ending in Montreal 10 days later. My wife had been to New York before, but it was my first time. We saw the sights on Sept. 8, 9 and on the evening of the 10th, we sailed out of the Hudson. As we passed the Trade Center, my wife said I should take a picture of it at night. It was about 10 pm and beautifully lit. I didn't know how good a pic my little 35 mm camera could do at night like that, outdoors, but clicked a couple off anyway. It came out fine, and we have it proudly on display in out home with the date imprinted of 9-10-01.

The next morning we were in Providence, RI and watched it all unfold on CNN. We were stuck on that cruise for the duration of the scheduled trip, and it was awful. Everyone wanted of and go home, but no flights, car rentals were sold out and it was a mess. We were told just to stay on board.

The ship made every stop, as planned, Boston, Nova Scotia, Quebec City and i can't remember the rest; just a blur. By the time we got to Montreal, the planes were flying again, and we finally made it back to California on the 20th. The most miserable, sad vacation imaginable.

I haven't been away from home since then and don't plan to. My wife still goes back to NJ to see the grandkids, but I stay home.

I heard yesterday on the radio that on 9/11/01, more people died on American soil by an act of violence since the Civil War. It has been a sobering weekend and a time for rememberence. By the way, my A stayed in the garage yesterday... Just didn't feel good about celebrating Model A Ford Day this year...
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
BudP

My wife, who was in a wheelchair at the time, worked on the 11th floor, of a building two blocks South of the Pentagon. I worked in a building two blocks North of the Pentagon (next to Arlington Cemetery). When the third plane hit the Pentagon I sent my employees home. It took me more than three hours to get to my wife: I had to go to the next county and backtrack. We found my wife on the 11th floor of her building in a conference room with a legally blind woman. Everyone else in the entire building had left when the plane hit the Pentagon except the building guard whom we had to beg to unlock the main door to the building. The streets around the building were filled with passengers, pilots and stewardesses who had walked away from National Airport when the planes were grounded. The fact that the date, Sept 11, was the same as the 911 emergency number, made a deep impression that has never left me.
BudP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
Patrick L.

Remember where you were on 11/22/63 ?? Everyone does.. 9/11/01 is the same, its one of those days that you'll never forget where you were..
I was flying a friend back to Boston that day, had a couple very odd conversations with ATC that didn't make sense at the time.. The first high-jacked plane was in its turn to the south-east over central NY at the time and flew over the top of us.. The GPS did 2 strange things 17 minutes apart which didn't make sense at the time, but, NORAD was testing the signal integrity after both strikes.. I thought the line-man was joking, but, there was no punch-line.. We spent 3 days in Boston and had to rent a car to return home.. It was a week later before the aviation world was re-opened [for instrument flight only] and then we of course had to return to get the plane back home.. But, Boston is a great town..
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
HillbillyTim

My brother had just gotten off the subway in the basement of the WTC when the first plane hit. I think this was the last subway that the riders survived. He ran to his building 1/2 block away. I knew his route to work as my wife and I had visited a few months before and we had accompanied him to work. He dropped us off outside the WTC on that day a few months before and suggested we go up in them (@8:45am). I had been up before and my wife didn't really want to, so we put it off to our next trip to NY. So much for that idea. As soon as I learned what had happened on 9/11, I tried to reach him on the phone. When I finally reached him, he gave me a play by play over the phone of what was happening. I told him to get out of there. He had a hard time getting out of his building. When he did, it took him 11 hours to get home in NJ. I lost contact with him until 10pm. He lost several friends that day.

I took these photos yesterday at Kennesaw Mtn Battlefield Park. They had a flag flying for every life lost on 9/11. My brother says that a clear blue cloudless sky brings back a flood of memories about that day.

I'm grateful my brother isn't represented by one of these flags.

Tim

HillbillyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
brum1

never forget
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
John Duden

lets bring this thread back to life! Remember! and NEVER Forget
Old 09-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Barney

Hi,
As a fan of America, I was and am always on the side of America. But I say: Not only America should fight for freedom but the whole of western civilization.
God bless the entire western world and all the people want to live in freedom and democracy.
Who is the enemy we know for a long time. So we fight it.
An example: In our country, we have about 3 years ago a referendum, which prohibit minarets that may arise. A small step in the right direction.

Greetings from a freedom loving country,
Barney
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #18
Fred K-OR

I have framed my boarding pass dated 9/11 that I never used! I hope and pray something like this does not happen again.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
Maclab58

NEVER FORGET! NEVER FORGIVE! Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!!!!!
Maclab58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
1928Pickuppain

Its a sad day every year but what makes it sader. Is people seem be affected less and less every year this kills me. 9/11 is the day we all held a buring iron. The initial shock has died down but the scars will never go away. Some are worse than others. This past year i went to NYC to see the ball drop and took my younger brother and a few friends. My brother bitched the whole time about having to be ("dragged") to grownd zero with me. Untill we actualy got there he didn't understand why I wanted to go and I really didn't care to elaborate. Well I split up and looked for some names and took a picture of each one that I was hoping to find. And met back up with them outside. My idoit brother had a new understanding by the time we left. This 9/11 I took the day off of work and went with two friends and to salm enjoy a day that you know so many other.never got the chance to see and to live a day that you know could always possibly be your last.
1928Pickuppain is offline   Reply With Quote