Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
HoarseWhisperer

Default Re: Stockholm Plant Badge

Dean,

I noticed the Canada badge in the photo.

Does this collector sell online?

1928 CCPU 82-A
1931 Roadster 40-B Dlx (Canadian)
HoarseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
dean from bozeman

Hoarse Whisperer, he sells on eBay I know that. Why do you ask?

His handle is:
pxz019 ( Feedback Score Of 44)
100% Positive feedback

On both the badge I bought and another sold by him there was the same bid by
t***n( 964) on both. Therefore, the final price was the same. Is it shilling or a bidder wanting to buy one of the two badges...I don't know.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
Gary in MN

Hello Dean: I was in the process of posting a responce to #16 post. However I was called away and by the time I finished typing you had posted the "letter". Very interesting letter and nice Ford collection. Now we can wait and see if Vince F. and Luke D. expand on their opinion on the Stockholm badges.

What publication did Tim O'C. article on plant badges appear ?? Gary in MN
Gary in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #24
HoarseWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean from bozeman View Post
Hoarse Whisperer, he sells on eBay I know that. Why do you ask?
I presumed the photo that you posted was from his collection and wondered if the Canadian badge was available.

Did I make the wrong assumption?
HoarseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
dean from bozeman

Gary and Hoarse Whisperer, I will contact him and relay each of your questions to him.

I do not necessarily want to act as an intermediary but feel that until he wants (if he ever wants) me to reveal his name/e-mail , I will keep it private.

Personally, I like the fact that we can openly and quickly discuss these things from various parts of the world. The Internet is a wonderful tool.

Dean
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MN View Post
Hello Dean: I was in the process of posting a responce to #16 post. However I was called away and by the time I finished typing you had posted the "letter". Very interesting letter and nice Ford collection. Now we can wait and see if Vince F. and Luke D. expand on their opinion on the Stockholm badges.

My opinion is this- I still think the badge is a fake regardless of who said what. Henry Ford was very anal, in today's language we'd call it OCD. It's very doubtful he would allow that abortion of a radiator shell design on items that represented his company and his mistress- the Model T.

Why would Ford have these badges made overseas when he had one of his Village Industries plants stamping out these badges by the hundreds daily?

After Henry Ford II closed down alot of the Village Industry plants badge production was contracted to outside suppliers, but this applies more to the more common 1937-63 style badge and not the Model T badges as they were phased out by that time.

I would welcome any supporting authentic documentation proving that 1) badges were made overseas and they were made with an incorrect radiator profile. Based on what I see I personally have no reason to believe any of those Stockholm badges are original.

Here's a page by Tim O Callaghan that shows some fakes. More types have been placed on the market since this page was written.
http://fordairplane.duvoy.com/fordfakes5.htm

Also worth noting-

1) I'm looking at this badge thru pictures posted on the internet, I can't physically examine it so I'm possibly missing something.

2) I do not claim to be an expert of any kind. I am merely a serious collector of 1908-1950 Ford Memorabilia and have been collecting for over 20 years Ford memorabilia of all types. Badges, Factory pieces(such as a piece of steel truss from the old B building at the Rouge, a brick from Highland Park plant etc) Fluid cans, signage, dealership items, tableware, and in certain cases literature.

So that's my opinion! I'm always looking to add information to my files, so if anyone has something I might be interested in along this line, feel free to send me a PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MN View Post

I have a photocopy of an article by Tim O'Callaghan that was included in the Nov/Dec 1988 issue of "The Way of the Zephyr." He also has a good website here http://fordairplane.duvoy.com/fordfakes.htm and here http://fordairplane.duvoy.com/fordfakes4.htm

I also have a series of reports done by a man named Jim Krucki about the various Ford badges.

Both of these were given to me at Hershey this past year by a guy who I had bought this from.

This badge is a security badge from the Ford Aircraft Engine Division in Chicago during the Korean War, a plant that was only a few miles away from where I currently live.

The same seller was also the one selling the thousand plus tool checks on a board.

-Tim

Last edited by WTSHNN; 01-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
WTSHNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #28
Brad in Germany

Default Re: Stockholm Plant Badge (photos)

I have gone ahead and fixed the photos from my original post (see #12 above on page 1 of this thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad in Germany View Post
Though I can not confirm it, I was told that the flat Stockholm Ford badges were used up even into the 1960's supposedly (I have my doubts). I have seen a rounded one that is more the shape of the US ones that I suspect is the older one.

Here are some others ....including one from Copenhagen:

Note the one to the lower right in the above photo with no number!

Here are a couple more (note the odd cone shape of the radiator top of #20 in this photo):

....now what number was it that you wanted on your badge :

I purchased the above two badges on an internet auction site five years ago. Neither one has a pin on the back.

Not to be a buzz kill....but rumor has it that there is a bucket of these Swedish badges that was "found" about a decade ago.....and they are slowly being pieced out to maintain their collector value. As far as I can tell, all are from the same "bucket" source.

Can anyone else provide any further details?

Fordially,
Brad in Germany now in Maryland
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
swedbob

They made cars in the fourties, 1949 I think, ford vedette and those kind with ford V8.
Maybe the badges are from a different time period. I have seen this badges for many years, and also old people have had them for years. On the thirties, take a look at the storage and spare part facillities.

Inside

swedbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #30
swedbob

Ford clock, advertisement, probably from 1931

There is also a brochure from 1931 specificly for the Ford inauguration in 1931.
Take alook at this fil strip, how the cars where "packed up"

http://www.filmarkivet.se/sv/Film/?movieid=80

And below a mark from sporrong. I got this from a family member to the previous chief staff. As you can see its marked with a specifik number, absolute genuine. Think I have the reson/occation for it somewhere in my documentation.

This above came from sporrong sweden. Pins came from several locations. I know for sure that "ordinary" Ford pins was ordered from Denmark from Erik Lonquist Norrebrogade 163 Copenhagen. This is mentioned in my origin letters from Ford Motor Company to the car sellers on swedish 26 Aug 1930. Have a hundred of them between 1927 to into the forties. They tell all about the competitions and and the swedish "Ford News", and prices etc, a lot of advertisement material.

swedbob is offline   Reply With Quote