Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
OHV DeLuxe

Default Anybody reproducing the right section of the rear cab beltline area on 30-31 CCPU?

I`ve started the work on a 1930 Pick-up cab now that the chassis is done. The right rear corner of the cab was pounded in and destroyed when a coal gas generator was mounted during the war.
Therefor i`m looking for the right section of the rear cab beltline area from rear of the right door, around the corner to under the rear window.

is anybody reproducing this piece?

That would be of huge help. Thanks!

PS, also added a wanted ad on the wanted section.
OHV DeLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Anybody reproducing the right section of the rear cab beltline area on 30-31 CCPU

I do not know of anyone reproducing that. I know if we were going to do fabricate it, we would use a Pullmax and make a set of dies. Then using a Flexible shape pattern, we would use the opposite side for a reference and fabricate it in mirror-image. Die to your location, it might be best to seek someone local who has a forming machine. Not going to be cheap for a quality piece but it is very doable.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
rollingsculpture

Default Re: Anybody reproducing the right section of the rear cab beltline area on 30-31 CCPU

get a doner from a rear section and check in with FLOP pm him he can set you in the right direction
Old 01-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
OHV DeLuxe

Anybody? i need right rear corner of beltline.
OHV DeLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
larrys40

Bill Hansen had a die he made some belt line pieces and sample of , it needed finish work but would work on the flats . You can look him up on the Internet bill Hansen Model A acres in Pennsylvania

Easy jacks in junction city ks years ago use to have lots of old stuff but they are pretty proud of it... As Brent said you can find someone who does fabrication and I'm sure he could point you in that direction . Make some calls do some searching and I'm sure you will come up with a solution . There's still donor stuff out there !
Best of luck
Larry Shepard
larrys40 is online now   Reply With Quote