Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
BobbyG

Default My Experiance with Snyders

Bloody BRILLIANT ! I needed them to ship my parts on my own UPS import account and this is something that they usually do not get asked for -

No problem - came the answer - order arrived complete and well packed in good time - I got updates throughout - well done to the Snyders Team - they get my vote & my $$$

I deal with a lot of overseas suppliers and they were better than most on this occasion.

Other suppliers are available

Bob

Last edited by BobbyG; 06-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.
BobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
Growley bear

Default Re: My Experiance with Snyders

I go to Snyder's first every time. They are second to none.
Chet
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Banky

BEST customer service I've ever received. And super fast shipping.
Banky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Roadster62

I've always been happy with Snyders, good to know they make things easy for an overseas buyer. I know Lang's sells a lot of T parts overseas, another great parts supplier. Bob
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
john in illinois

Snyder's also has excellent tech support. If you have a question about a part,Tom can answer it.

John
john in illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Brian in Wheeling

They are a Great place. I live about an hour away and sometimes drive up so I can get counter service and talk with the folks. Really nice place and you should see their cars too!

Brian Warmuth
Brian in Wheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
H. L. Chauvin

Hi BobbyG,

In today's world of cybernetics, not everyone & not all of us are attuned to all new electronic developments.

Rather than thinking other vendors would not help you, in my opinion, they were just not familiar with what it would take to meet your specific requirements.

To give proper & fair credit to all of the other wonderful Model A vendors favorably mentioned often on this Forum, if you would meet eye to eye with say Mr. Phil & Mr. Steve at Bert's, Mr. Walt Bratton, etc. etc., these distinguished gentlemen would smile with sincerity & be glad to be apprised that you were able to get the parts shipped with your special account rather than their accepting offense & guilt for a lesson learned.

Furthermore, from past experience, if you had a highly technical question to ask of each of them today, even with them knowing you would never buy anything from them in the future, they would be kind enough to try to provide you with a most sincere technical answer.

Judging from all of the time spent by fellow Model A owners & Model A vendors, trying to help one another on this Forum, it appears we would all be elated to hear you were able to get your own UPS import account activated by someone a little familiar with what you requested.

FWIW, from all of us, best of luck when installing your new parts.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
29ModelA

I love Snyder's, however I have found you do have to watch which parts you buy. 98% of what I bought has been great, and the service second to none.

An example of the bad stuff is the fender welts I bought from them were something I would NOT want on my car, better stuff was available from other vendors in some cases.

Interior, steering box (rebuild), and I am sure much more!
29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
spike

BOTH OF THEM ARE TOP OF THE LINE LIKE BRENT SAID AND THERE ARE OTHERS ALSO. You may find a few parts that are not up to speck but they will work with you and make it right. We should all be so lucky to have these vendors.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
larrys40

Bob,

Thanks for editing your post..... as some of us have dealt with these suppliers for years we appreciate and respect all they try and do for us. I know if you need something from Brattons, Snyders, Bert, A&L.. etc that they will do everything they can to assist.

Wishing you the best from across the pond!
Larry Shepard

Last edited by larrys40; 06-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Rock Hornbuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Bloody BRILLIANT ! I needed them to ship my parts on my own UPS import account and this is something that they usually do not get asked for -

No problem - came the answer - order arrived complete and well packed in good time - I got updates throughout - well done to the Snyders Team - they get my vote & my $$$

I deal with a lot of overseas suppliers and they were better than most on this occasion.

As a point of note Brattons did not want to help with my shipping so they lost out on $1300 order plus of course any/many future sales - lesson for all suppliers there I think.

Bob
I read and re-read the last statement several times. Each time attempting to put a different 'spin' on it. The way it is written seems to be 'factually' rather than 'opinionated'. Although, I can understand how someone with personal relationships with a supplier could have a reaction to reading something not so flattering about 'friends', and want to 'stick up' for them. Albeit, the supplier does have the right to make choices about how they do business within their company. And, each customer has the right to purchase from whomever they wish. It appears moot to me.
'14 100th Anniversary Challenger Limited Edition.

Semper Fidelis
Rock Hornbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
BobbyG

There you go first post edited.

I am not wanting to do anyone down - I am speaking as a customer AND a business owner and I appreciate it when a company goes that extra mile for a customer.
As a hobbyist I do appreciate the suppliers and I think I have a good idea of what goes into running a business and as such I recognise good service when I see it.
BobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
H. L. Chauvin

FWIW:

Just in trying to maybe help new Model A owners to decide where to buy parts, the most wonderful thing about all of the above mentioned Model A vendors, (& a few not mentioned above), is that I have noticed that they appear to have lots of respect for one another.

Many buy parts from one another & even recommend others for specialty items.

They no doubt realize & sympathize in the fact that they all share in this difficult challenge of trying to please "all" Model A customers -- even though they know pleasing all customers is impossible.

Because of their sincere honesty, integrity, & care, ordering parts from any of these aforementioned vendors, ( & I'm sure some others), always appears to be a very delightful experience.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
langner91

Snyder's gets my business when possible. They have always done me right.

But, to be fair, no other vendor has done me wrong. This is one of the few hobbies where there are multiple GOOD choices.
langner91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
larrys40

Bob,

Thanks for editing your post ( I did mine as well) ..... as some of us have dealt with these suppliers for years we appreciate and respect all they try and do for us. I know if you need something from Brattons, Snyders, Bert, A&L.. etc that they will do everything they can to assist.

Wishing you the best from across the pond!
Larry Shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
Duffy1

It is good we have more than one vendor like Snyders . These vendors ( Bratton , Berts,others ) understand it is all about service. Last year I bought a lot of parts from Snyders . Did have a few issues but at the end of the day they made it right. If I order the parts on Monday I will have them Wed.or Thur.
Duffy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
rprice

I too have had terrific service from Snyders. I have also had terrific service from Brattons and Tams.
Rog
rprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Hey what's going on here civility on Fordbarn?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
BashawT

Snyder's is my first choice every time!
BashawT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
mrtexas

How about their catalog? Best one out there for pictures.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote