Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2014, 02:13 AM   #1
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Helping out a young newbie model A owner later today

A local friend of mine neighbors son just acquired a 29 coupe. The family contacted me to help them out, apparently they went and purchased this car without external advice ( first mistake)after being driven in it a few times by the previous owner. Well needless to say they're in a bind now after having a family friend who knows nothing about these cars but is mechanically inclined pull the radiator to take it to a local shop to get repaired (( the rad shop does not have the ability to rod it just soak it and try to clean it ))after they thought it overheated. (Second mistake) For all I know they could have had the thing filled to the top. I told them to have they're friend put the car back together then contact me. Well now it won't even start so tomorrow I am going over to evaluate the entire situation. The boy is 17 years old and nobody in the family knows how to even drive the thing so I believe I have my work cut out for me. The bright side is that they live about a half mile from me so once we get things going and show Ethan the ropes he will be able to pal around with us and enjoy his car if he so desires. It's great to have such a young teenager interested in the hobby. Will post back my findings
Here is a pic they emailed me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.3 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 12-07-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote