Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
wrndln

Default Second version of the throttle assembly

When the 2011 version of the judging guideline came out, there was an added throttle control assembly (from 6 versions and now 7) - page 1-17 (see picture below). I have a roadster made in September 28. The car falls into the range where the "added" throttle assembly was added to the JG's - June 1928 through September 1928. The new JG's addition is very similar to the next version (style 3) except the second version has stiffening ribs on it. I was at Hershey this year and I must have looked through over 200 throttle assemblies and never found one like the second style. I am wondering it the second style is a "phantom" assembly. If anyone has a car with the second version, would you please post a response to this post, so I know they really exist. I have friends that have never seen one either. Also, if anyone knows anything about the second version, I would like to know about it. I have seen a number (not a lot, however) of the first version (and have had 4 of them) that also has stiffening ribs on it and plenty of the third through seventh versions, but zip for the second style. I know any throttle assembly would work OK, but I am trying to restore my cars to near fine points so I would like to use the correct parts on them. Any information would be appreciated.
Rusty Nelson

wrndln is online now   Reply With Quote