Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-17-2022, 11:44 AM   #21
J Franklin

Default Re: 3x spark plugs, amazon

With the virus and business disruptions and bankruptcies going on, who can determine if something is being sold off by a liquidator that is pricing all the plug stock at a similar price? I guess I will find out. Just an optimist I guess.
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 06:47 PM   #22
MickyD

I have never bought 3x plugs before. I saw them on Amazon and thought, why not.. I am a stickler for detail. If I see 4 for a dollar I expect to get 4 or ask why and if it is a mistake 90 percent will sell it to you then correct the problem. Amazon contacted me today and advised me that they will honor the mistake. Will see what happens.
MickyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #23
MickyD

I contacted [email protected] and they contacted me within 30 minutes. They agreed with me that if it says box of ten then it should be. They refunded my money, let me keep the 2 plugs and said I should get what their add stated. I will see what happens.
MickyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:01 PM   #24
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
I contacted [email protected] and they contacted me within 30 minutes. They agreed with me that if it says box of ten then it should be. They refunded my money, let me keep the 2 plugs and said I should get what their add stated. I will see what happens.
IMO, Amazon should give the seller a "good talking to". Dishonesty should not be tolerated and if they did it twice, they are being dishonest IMO.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:58 PM   #25
KR500

Why can't Champion who originally made the plugs continue offering them like back in the day and offer them for something like $10.00-$15.00?
KR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:20 PM   #26
Ruth

The thing with that Amazon ad is there is more than one vendor selling them, at least six. Look under "Other sellers". Are they all selling a "Carton of ten" for whatever price they are asking? From $10.67 up? I don't think so.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:09 AM   #27
rotorwrench

I wouldn't feel too bad about the prices with what I know about spark plugs. Champion makes single tip iridium plugs for aircraft engines that are the longest lasting plugs in the industry but the price averages at $105 for each plug. When a 4-cylinder engine uses 8 of them the you can see that they have a lot more to cry about. Naturally, a lot of operators purchase the cheaper heavy electrode plugs that come in at a little higher to the price of the old 3X but they only last about 1/3 of the amount of time that the iridium plugs do so a person pays a lot either way they go.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote