Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-15-2024, 01:09 AM   #1
langus480

Default Spare tire mount

Hello,

Has anyone ever developed a tire mount that goes directly under the truck bed similar to the modern day trucks?

I am curious regarding this location as I have noticed the more correct way is to mount the tire on the front fenders.

I thought maybe under the bed in the rear by the tail gate would conceal the tire/ wheel.
langus480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 01:51 AM   #2
brito36

Default Re: Spare tire mount

There were several ways of mounting the spare tire on Model A's. Depending if you have a large 'AA' truck, commercial chassis, custom bodied vehicle or a car would dictate the way you mount the tire. It also depends on if you have a standard or deluxe model. I suggest that you purchase a copy of the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards jointly printer by the Model A Restorer's Club, and the Model A Ford Club of America This will answer all your questions. It's a good bock to have.
brito36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:40 AM   #3
langus480

Default Re: Spare tire mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by brito36 View Post
There were several ways of mounting the spare tire on Model A's. Depending if you have a large 'AA' truck, commercial chassis, custom bodied vehicle or a car would dictate the way you mount the tire. It also depends on if you have a standard or deluxe model. I suggest that you purchase a copy of the Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards jointly printer by the Model A Restorer's Club, and the Model A Ford Club of America This will answer all your questions. It's a good bock to have.

I had no idea this book was published. I'll have to get a copy...thanks
langus480 is offline   Reply With Quote