Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
stl37ford

Default New here, 1937 ford pickup father/Son project

Hello, I am new the The Ford Barn. A friend sent me the link. I have really liked what I have seen. I am looking forward to learning about these cars. I have always like the old Fords. It does not help when one of your friends always buys some really nice old cars. I finally had money and saw a 1937 ford pickup for sale so I had to buy it. I decided I wanted my son to be apart of this so I talked it over with him before we drove and picked it up. I am 35 yrs old and my son is 12. He is super excited about it and already is asking if he can have it for his first car.Truck has a 21bolt flathead 8 in and a 36 manual trans, I purchased it on december 8 2012. It has had some updates done to it already

electronic distributor, 12v wiring, hydraulic brakes,front wish bone split

parts purchased since buying it: dual resivour 69 mustang master cylinder, stainless brake lines, new coker wide white tires, 2" posie front drop spring,

We are starting to make some cardboard templates of interior panels so I can copy them on to some fiberglass panels and cover them. Need to find some rear fenders. cab and front clip is in great shape.

want to buy a new chasis to restore then transfer everything over to it.

christmas gift from my son:

stl37ford is offline   Reply With Quote