Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
Farrell In Vancouver

Default 1929 Tudor Questions

The body work on the 29 is coming along and Dad and I have a couple of mysteries and not much left of clues
Two triangular brakets bolted to the rear vertical seams behind the rear seat cushion. It seems to me they serve as a bolting point for the seat back or rear cushion, but how is it actually done?

Upper window channels of the quarter windows, what kind of seal is used for the top of the window and how is it secured?
Any help and/or pictures would be appreciated Barners!
Farrell In Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: 1929 Tudor Questions

Here's 5 pictures of my 2-23-29 unrestored Tudor. Picture 5 shows the triangular piece I assume you are asking about. Notice that it also shows the heavy wire broken from the bottom of the seat back frame that bolts to the triangular support. Notice BOTH styles of seat back upper supports are shown, as my car was built during the transition period when Ford went (for a brief period) from the slot to the hook to fasten the top of the seat back.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
2manycars

The window channel kit will come with U shaped sponge rubber seals to glue to the top of the window opening. Cranking the window up against them while the glue dries will ensure proper alignment.
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Farrell In Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post

Here's 5 pictures of my 2-23-29 unrestored Tudor. Picture 5 shows the triangular piece I assume you are asking about. Notice that it also shows the heavy wire broken from the bottom of the seat back frame that bolts to the triangular support. Notice BOTH styles of seat back upper supports are shown, as my car was built during the transition period when Ford went (for a brief period) from the slot to the hook to fasten the top of the seat back.
Great photos and thank for the help. We will be looking at this closer now. In reply I will post photos of what we have and invite comments. Coming soon.
Farrell In Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote