Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Pepsi Mechanic

Default wondering what a truck like this will go for

Friend of mine has a 1929 Model A pickup . He is thinking about selling it but has no clue what price to start at . The truck is in original condition . This truck is in Ontario Canada . The Pepsi truck I work on is company owned and I never had to purchase it so I have no idea . What is your thoughts guys ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mark smith.jpg (71.4 KB, 132 views)
Pepsi Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: wondering what a truck like this will go for

It is very hard to put a price on a car/pickup with just one picture to look at. The roadster pickup looks pretty good. So much depends on the condition of the car, which is hard to tell with just the picture. If I was to make an estimate the price range would between $11,000 and $14,000. Again, this is just a guesstimate. If you know some model A people or a club locally, they could look at the pickup and probably give you a better price estimate.
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

It looks nice, but looks can be deceiving. Check it over real well and like wrndln said, have someone go with you and look it over if you're not very familiar with Model A mechanicals. Does it have shocks? And if so are they working? Shocks seem to be an optional item on most 'restored' cars.

There is alot more to look for, such as brakes, engine, amount of bondo in the body & fenders, etc etc.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
Pepsi Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
It is very hard to put a price on a car/pickup with just one picture to look at. The roadster pickup looks pretty good. So much depends on the condition of the car, which is hard to tell with just the picture. If I was to make an estimate the price range would between $11,000 and $14,000. Again, this is just a guesstimate. If you know some model A people or a club locally, they could look at the pickup and probably give you a better price estimate.
Thanks... I will let him know .. I told him to join the club here but he does not have a computer . I have not seen my friend for 20 years and met him today at tim hortons ... I was surprized to find out he had an A . Once the weather breaks I will get togehter and take some pictures .
Old 03-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Pepsi Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDahlinger View Post
It looks nice, but looks can be deceiving. Check it over real well and like wrndln said, have someone go with you and look it over if you're not very familiar with Model A mechanicals. Does it have shocks? And if so are they working? Shocks seem to be an optional item on most 'restored' cars.

There is alot more to look for, such as brakes, engine, amount of bondo in the body & fenders, etc etc.
I have learned a tn off you guys so I will get together with my friend in the spring and go over the truck with him .
Thanks for the info
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
28RPU

It doesn't look like it is worth more than a couple of thousand dollars to me, but I would be willing to give twice that since he is a friend of yours.... let me know if he wants me to haul it off........
28RPU is offline   Reply With Quote