Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
namkjd

Default 37 panel truck (not sedan delivery)

I need help with my truck. Does anyone have drawings of the way the hood,fenders and grill shell fit together? Mine are so far off I'm about to give up. HELP !!!
namkjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
36tbird

Default Re: 37 panel truck (not sedan delivery)

Welcome. Now that we got that over with. You will be well advised on this forum to post some info on you avatar so that some here can know your whereabouts and offer advice locally. Then, we here are absolutely queer about pictures. You really do not have a project or car until you validate yourself with pictures. Next, if you are a really old person who is computer challenged, you get some extra points for help.
36tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
namkjd

As soon as I figure out how to attach photo's to the page I will, none the less I still need help. I can't get the hood and fenders to align, either I have the wrong hood, or wrong fenders and grill. I will try to get photo's on this page on Thursday.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
oldandtired

I would start with making certain you have the right sheetmetal and grill. You can access quite a few pictures of the correct sheetmetal and assembled vehicles online.
If the sheetmetal is correct I have found it helpful to start with putting on the inner fender panels. The 37 inner fender panels are unique to the 37 pickup and panel. Correct location of the inner fender panels will allow you to make certain the body is mounted in the correct front holes and will allow you to install the front fender braces and fender brace support brackets in their correct locations. The radiator to firewall support rods may need to be adjusted to get the grill and hood to fit correctly. You also have to make certain the runningboards are in their correct location. I usually start with putting on the rear fenders. Sometimes the runnningboards need to have some force applied to get proper alignment with the rear fenders. If the runningboards are in their correct location and the inner fender panels as well as the front fender braces are all correct, you should have a very good start for aligning the front sheetmetal. Wish I could see what you have. If you have pictures, you could email me at [email protected] and I may be able to help. I am certain other people have other methods. A lot of the old sheetmetal has been worked and reworked over the years, a lot has been changed out, etc.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
namkjd

Thanks for the response. I will try to take some pictures with the side panels on and closer up.
Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (57.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 01-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
oldandtired

From what I can see in the picture above, the inner fender panels appear to be correct. The 35/6 ones have a different shape in front. The hood tops also appear to be correct, becasuse the 35 and 36 hood top will not mate to the cowl without modification of one or both. The hood side panels may help if you put them on, because latching the hood side panels will pull down the hood top in both the front and rear. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of the parts I cannot see.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Karl Wescott

The Fenders/grille/hood/runningboards are the same for both 1937 1/2 panel and pickup.

The hood side should not kick up like that. It could be damage to the center hood hinge, too thick of hood lacing on the sheel and/or cowl, or the hinge brackets may need to be shimmed up. I would work on fixing that problem first.

There are replacement hood hinges available.
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #8
B-O-B

You may want top tape the edges of the hood & grille shell & cowl to prevent scratches from trying to align the pieces.
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote