Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #81
kiwi88

Default Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

Bloody hell guys this ones been on the go for nearly a year now. I haven't contributed much by way of posts etc, but in the time I have been a member I have received a lot of help from many of you, both stock and modified. There is a wealth of knowledge out there that to be shared and as someone said at the start of this thread, can't we all just get along.......
kiwi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #82
Junknshit
Banned

Default Re: Hey Fellas... LETS ALL GET ALONG

I am one of the newest members on here, and stumbled across it by accident. It is to me the best Ford forums site that I have ever seen, in the way it is organized, the wealth of information available, and the quality and caliber of members. There is an extreme wealth in information here that NEEDS to be handed down or passed on, to keep this hobby, or for me "addiction" going into future generations. No one needs to leave the site, all that needs to be done is for common sense to prevail.

There is nowhere on earth that you could buy a book, or a set of books that would contain half of the information that is available here simply by asking a question, AND, there is still a tremendous amount of information yet to come. The right questions just haven't been asked yet. This information comes from experience, trial and error, it's locked in minds, it's written down on old notes, and it comes from parts manufacturers and suppliers.

I am definitely not an expert on anything, but have been messing with old cars since I was 13, actually earlier, I was driving my own car at 13, that's 56 years now. I have two shoeboxes and a bunch of tablets of notes that I have kept since the beginning, and I have learned a bunch here in the short time I have been a member.

Common sense = post what the forum is for = the forums will be around for everyone = you gained some knowledge without having to go thru the trials and errors = money and time saved for you.

Trial and error = experience which = knowledge.

A day without learning something is a wasted day, SO:
Everyone get along and we will all be able to get a second education.
Junknshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #83
nitrohonkey

Talking Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WZOREK View Post
Ryan:
Why on earth Do people think these sites.Have to be so cut and dry. Either / OR.
Life is not that way.This Hobby should be fun not stress a the person out if He or she offending some one With the Question the would like a answer to.
THANKS BILL WZOREK
I cannot see why it matters much, most of the traditional cars I see anymore could be put back to original in a day...i.e. remove drop axle, fenton headers and multiple carbs and you basicly have a stocker. Just my opinion.
nitrohonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #84
Jim NC

I don't often post here but I read a lot - refreshes my memory of what I did right (and wrong) on my 1st flat head Ford 53 years ago. Went without one for almost 50 years so am having fun again playing with a '34 roadster and a '51 sedan. The one thing I learned early on in my career as a soldier and a husband of '42 years (RIP Darlin') - Keep your mouth shut!! Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Jim NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #85
greazy john

i came over from the HAMB this is a different deal. lets keep it that way each has their own place .. be smart enough to use them, i've learned a lot on here....RYAN keep up the good work
greazy john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #86
Dick-Cape Cod

I always thought this site was about old Fords and flathead V8's in them...souped up or not...Why the talk about the other brands?
Dick-Cape Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #87
32 Model B

I like Ol' Ron's replies. I would like to meet up with him someday.
32 Model B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #88
rodshop

New here- this is a helpful thread since I was figuring out this very issue. I started to post something about my plan to put a Y-block in my '52 sedan delivery- then decided that might be too much of a modification for the intent of the Fordbarn. Decided to delete that until I learned more. Looked to me like I can get my '52 questions answered on the Early V8 section and my Y-block questions answered on the Late V8 section. No problem.

Looking at some of the reactions here- I had to wonder if some of you read Ryan's first post closely? Just sayin'.......
rodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #89
rickmass

I ,am thankfull for the help that I got from all the senior member,s ,members an the junior,s this is an excellent informative site Thank,s to all.Rick
rickmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #90
blown 38'

Thumbs up Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

wow it's a good thing i have one of each,totally stock and modified,i just joined ,hope to learn more..thanks...sandy

Last edited by blown 38'; 04-08-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: forgot my name
blown 38' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #91
blown 38'

Looking for stainless hood trim for my 38' ford ,fordor deluxe sedan,driver side piece that fits on hood,I should actually manufacture these pieces, i would not only make some restoration people happy ,i could make myself happy and make a buck$....it seems that hood trim is rare ,any ideas?...Thanks again
blown 38' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #92
ford38v8

Blown 38, If you have the capability to manufacture the left hood trim for a '38, yes, you could sell them like hotcakes. What i would suggest, though, is that you start your own post on the subject, and try to not hijack a post that doesn't relate. Repost your question, a new thread with your own title, I gaurantee it'll get read and commented on!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #93
jack orchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe plumber View Post
Guess I will see you guys ,it's been fun .Nothing stock about my Truck .Have a merry one .I guess I got in the wrong place to start off with.
Sorry to see you go. I like your truck. I learn a lot from the diversity of people and rides. Don't go unless you have to or want to. If we were voting, my vote would be for you to stay. Take care...jack
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #94
bugsiegel

I honestly don't know what some might consider me, my truck.
I'm a one vehicle guy, flathead engine but on the way to a t-5 transmission. Original flies and bees still jammed between the dash and the front windshield.
One of my posts upset someone (not sure if he was a moderator or not) who asked me to post my questions someplace else. While the other guys were in defense of my future change to a mostly stock 49 F-1.
So I'm going to ask the people who run this site to decide if I belong here or not.
Check my history which will give you a good description of my vehicle ( the determining factor) and If you feel I don't fit in, please block my user name or let me know that I have passed the line with my truck and I'll figure things out someplace else. But keep in mind that I have no mentor and all my knowledge over the past 6 months has come from this site only.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #95
Ol' Ron

Stop in anytime, I'll put you to work. Vermont is a great place to visit, even have a spare bed room.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #96
4tl8ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsiegel View Post
I honestly don't know what some might consider me, my truck.
I'm a one vehicle guy, flathead engine but on the way to a t-5 transmission. Original flies and bees still jammed between the dash and the front windshield.
One of my posts upset someone (not sure if he was a moderator or not) who asked me to post my questions someplace else. While the other guys were in defense of my future change to a mostly stock 49 F-1.
So I'm going to ask the people who run this site to decide if I belong here or not.
Check my history which will give you a good description of my vehicle ( the determining factor) and If you feel I don't fit in, please block my user name or let me know that I have passed the line with my truck and I'll figure things out someplace else. But keep in mind that I have no mentor and all my knowledge over the past 6 months has come from this site only.
There are some folks here who will have a Hissy Fit if it isn't as Henery made it - I really don't understand how they can use today's gas, oil and air the way they carry on - When Ryan bought Shelly out he said he would keep the Ford Barn as was without any changes - I take his words on that.
As long as it is a Ford with a Ford it's all right (Tremec was originated in Mexico by Ford and Borg Warner so it's a Ford in my book)
1952 Ford F2 (Driver)
1948 Ford F1 Panel (Frame off resto-rod)
1946 Ford Coupe (Basket case)
4tl8ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #97
fomocoloco

i have to log in every time i leave this sight. help
fomocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #98
VeryTangled

fomocoloco, gotta be a browser security or firewall issue. Somehow your browser is not remembering passwords. PM me and I'll try to help.

For everyone else...

I just read most of this stuff, and I noticed a lot of people who said they were new to the site (a few with '35 and '36's), having 3-10 posts, except their messages are from 1-2 years ago. They haven't been back to post. May still be lurkers, but, more involvement is needed not less.

Tom T had a reasonable comment months (years) ago. I'm glad he's still pretty active. I've seen his cars, and as he explained it, he's not about 'as henry made it' but about 'as I want it' and I applaud him for it. He's a great guy and is very helpful with knowledge, and time to support Barn events and forum members. (Even if he gets more pizza than me!) Not everyone likes chicken!

-VT/Jeff

Last edited by VeryTangled; 02-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #99
Ken Bull

However "THE FORD BARN" is and has been since I joined in 2011 ...I love it!!!
Ken Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #100
kelly.ga

Here lately I have been having lot's of trouble not being able to post or read some other posts. Am I doing something wrong, thanks kelly.ga
kelly.ga is offline   Reply With Quote