Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
cmmahurin

Default 1929 Special Coupe

City: Terre Haute
State: Indiana
Price: $11,500

1929 Model A Special Coupe. This rumble seat coupe was restored in the early 1980's and the engine was rebuilt in 1994 with new main bearings, pistons/rings, valves/springs, etc., by a Model A engine rebuilder in Indianapolis. After the engine was rebuilt the previous owner drove the car less than 200 miles in the next 18 years. It just sat in his garage most of the time until he sold it to me in May 2012. When I got the car home I discovered that the engie was stiff from sitting and not fully borken in. Now it sounds fine and runs great. I purchased and installed a 3 tube radiator and a stone guard, new door handles and rumble lid handles, sediment bulb, gas valve, air maze, new spark plugs and I rebuilt the gas guage. I also replaced the speedometer. The coupe's body is in decent shape with some pits and one or two very small dings in the fenders. The rear bumper chrome has some pits but cleaned up nicely and overall the paint looks pretty decent for a driver. The interior is LeBaron Bonney. It has some stains on the seat backrest as they are now 33 years old. The rumble seat is brown and has one small tear in the seat cushion. The rumble lid does not latch like it did when new. The tires have lots of tread left but also have some flat spots. If I had kept the car I would have bought new tires. The belt rail is missing the end pieces where it meets the doors. Overall, the car looks much like an original, well taken care of 1929 Special Coupe. The reason I am selling the coupe is that last year I found and purchased a 1929 4 door Leatherback that is nearly perfect and I am completely out of garage space. This car is a good value at $11,500. If interested please email me at [email protected] or call me at 812-466-2090. I do not text message and I am not very good at using the personal message system on Fordbarn. I do not text message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1675.jpg (83.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1676.jpg (94.9 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1674.jpg (82.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1681.jpg (63.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1692.jpg (64.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1684.jpg (88.5 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1677.jpg (81.2 KB, 72 views)
cmmahurin is offline   Reply With Quote