Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #21
ronn

Default Re: Parts suppliers

Very happy with Snyders
prompt service, reasonable shipping and very professional
I used to shop Mac's........... not anymore.
ronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #22
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Probably shouldn't open my mouth, ...but if you think you are not impressed now, just wait until you start trying to install those $3,000.00 worth of parts!
Wait did you say MAC's...who orders 3000.00 in parts from them??? oops sorry. Have to go with brent on this.,.maybe i should not have said a word..Yikes..

Ehhhhh Brattons, Snyders, Mikes...nuff said!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #23
5window

I also have ordered from Mac's-and have had good success. Mac's is now owned by Ecklers, so you might bark up that tree to get your invoice. Why didn't go get an emailed invoice with your order?

Before you oreder from one of the Beloved suppliers-Bert's, Snyders, Brattons,etc, you better find out who actually will reliably ship parts to France.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM   #24
loubob

I've ordered from Macs, along with the other major suppliers.
NEVER had a problem with any of them.
loubob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 PM   #25
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
Wait did you say MAC's...who orders 3000.00 in parts from them??? oops sorry. Have to go with brent on this.,.maybe i should not have said a word..Yikes..

With the titles under your names are you expressing the official position of MARC and MAFCA ? Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #26
updraught

Just had a look at the Little Dearborn site and noticed this:

"LIGHT SWITCH BODY - Light switch body mounts at end of steering column for the light wiring to plug into.
A-11655-S 1928-31 "Ours Fits" ea 21.00"
updraught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #27
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post

Well it was 1000.00 in parts and 2000.00 in shipping!
Old 03-25-2016, 02:51 AM   #28
CYB4

Here in Europe I usually order at MACs, Snyders and Brattons, in my oppinion they all are ok. The quality might be different, so don't order the cheapest (made in China) and do some research.

But the shipping costs over the pond are a huge amount of the order costs, often MACs is the cheapest (170$ (MACs) vs. 300$ (Brattons) for a cylinder head last January; the cylinder head is the same as sold by Snyders or Brattons.

I had never problems with MACs, a never delivered parcel was complained, they send a second one a few days later.

Mike's ist one of the expensivest with the international shipping costs, and they never answer to a request, how much they are.

Chris

1930 Ford A Std. Tudor
CYB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:05 AM   #29
DennisR

FWIW just like to say that all my dealings with your part suppliers so far have been excellent, everything arrived on time and as advertised, I`ve used Snyder`s, LeBaron Bonney, Classic Car Goodies and just recently Macs with no problem, I have some parts waiting for customs clearance at the moment from Macs so we`ll see what they`re like.
I can only speak as I find.....................
Old 03-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #30
Vin-tin

I order most of my parts from Bratton's.
However, I've peeled off their label on some of their parts only to reveal a Mac's label underneath. So you never really know where parts come from unless you buy originals.
Vin-tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #31
roblesterjr04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hillyard View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I have recently spent almost $3000 with Mac's for Model A Parts. Getting a copy of the final itemised invoice seems to be almost impossible. I have asked them four or five times. Has anyone else come across this before?

Has anyone any recommendations of who else I should use in the future. Because frankly, I'm not impressed.
I've never had a problem with itemized invoices, but I order from them online, so they email it to me. Never called them directly except to handle a return.

As others have said, I've had success with Snyders and Berts. Berts is nice because they also have a large selection of original used parts that they will sell.

1929 Fordor Leatherback
roblesterjr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #32
Ted Duke

Re-read the original post:

There are TWO different situations here.

One - The questioner lives abroad. Shipping abroad takes special attention and all suppliers don't want to do it and some aren't able. Invoices don't normally go with the shipment. They are sent separately after shipping costs are determined.

Two- MAC's - I beg to stay out of that one because even if one has NEVER had a problem with them, you are considered an idiot if you ever bought anything from them and besides all other suppliers are perfect.

Ted
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #33
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

A dozen complaints from thousands of customers suggests to me that there are many, many satisfied customers. This subject tends to get very boring and monotonous after a while. Kind of like pin the tail on the donkey ! Bottom line is if you are not satisfied don't buy from them. Pretty simple. Wayne
Old 03-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #34
Franchise_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin-tin View Post
I order most of my parts from Bratton's.
However, I've peeled off their label on some of their parts only to reveal a Mac's label underneath. So you never really know where parts come from unless you buy originals.
That's common as I think they sell to each other too. I ordered some Bratton's parts last week and under the label is the Snyder's logo and part numbers.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #35
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise_24 View Post
That's common as I think they sell to each other too. I ordered some Bratton's parts last week and under the label is the Snyder's logo and part numbers.
may I ask which parts those were?
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:51 PM   #36
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Duke View Post
Re-read the original post:

There are TWO different situations here.

One - The questioner lives abroad. Shipping abroad takes special attention and all suppliers don't want to do it and some aren't able. Invoices don't normally go with the shipment. They are sent separately after shipping costs are determined.

Two- MAC's - I beg to stay out of that one because even if one has NEVER had a problem with them, you are considered an idiot if you ever bought anything from them and besides all other suppliers are perfect.

Ted
Snyders have set up their website so that international would be buyers can't get in touch with them. Fools!
Maybe some folk over there should remember that when they talk of "Foreigners", Americans are foreigners to the other 95% of the world's population!!
Old 03-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #37
Ted Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Snyders have set up their website so that international would be buyers can't get in touch with them. Fools!
Maybe some folk over there should remember that when they talk of "Foreigners", Americans are foreigners to the other 95% of the world's population!!
Note comment One.

I worked for a company desperately seeking increased business, including giving higher discounts. I had a customer who bought at our highest price, paid the invoice IN ADVANCE, but required that we ship the entire order in ONE shipment due to customs, shipping requirements. NO backorders, no transhipments. That customer would have been a cash cow and he had three friends on the island he did business on who he would introduce me to when I visited.

"Too much hassle!" Another wholesaler got the business and my employer is no longer in business. Good think I retired when I did.
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:08 PM   #38
Manager

It seems to me Macs gives better service and shipping prices to foreigners. Iv'e had nothing but complete satisfaction with them. I first used them reluctantly after all the shit you read on here about them but their site is the only one that worked to Australia so I took the punt.I was very carefull to read the descriptions and make sure I ordered the right parts. Shipping prices seemed good to me.They used USPS.
Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #39
C26Pinelake
BANNED

I think the larger the company is will be proportionate to the number of complaints . A Macs representative told me that nobody had ever refused or returned one of their catalogues. The solution is simple, refuse to accept and don't order a catalogue, don't deal with them and ignore Mac's posts. It seems like the same people complain over and over again. Whether you admit it or not these vendors are doing us a great favor supplying parts to our hobby. For them to lose a few customers really is very incidental. Wayne

Last edited by C26Pinelake; 03-25-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #40
CWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
And Australians are foreigners to 99.7% of the world. What does that have to do with whether Snyders does, or doesn't, want to deal with the hassle of shipping overseas?
CWilson is offline   Reply With Quote