Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
bobj49f2

Default Headlight Trim Ring

Before I get heat, I'm a Ford truck guy. I've been working on '48-50 for 30+ year. I just happen to need help with a another project.

I have an off topic car, a '37 Buick, that I need to find the headlight trim rings for. No one reproduces them so I am hoping to find a set from a more popular vehicle that has a bigger assortment of reproduction parts. There are many Ford trim rings out there and I was wondering if one might fit my Buick. Here are the dimensions of the rusty ring that was on one of the headlights I have. If I can find out what car I could these from I would be able to look around to find a used set some place:

I'd like to use something like the one for a '42-47 Ford pickup. I'm pretty sure this specific won't work but I'd like to find some like this if possible:

bobj49f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
bobj49f2

Default Re: Headlight Trim Ring

I went to a cruise in tonight with my rust trim ring in had to match up to cars that might be there. There was a '36 Ford there and the trim ring was pretty close to the one I need. The car was really nice so I didn't want to get too close to it with my crusty ring. Could one of you '36 owners please measure your ring, if you can , and post the measurements here? I've emailed some of the reproduction vendors but none have gotten back to me.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
48fordconv

Try posting on Buick Club of America web site. I'm sure someone can help you out. Good Luck
48fordconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #4
Steel 35

My 35 is 7.250 X 8.5 X 1.1875 Don't know if there just like the 36, Good luck.
Steel 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
bobj49f2

Steve,

The guys on the Buick site are very intolerant of anyone who isn't doing a concourse restoration and not willing to pay big $$ for every single NOS nut and bolt. If I posted this question on the AACA Buick site I'd never get a reply. No one that I can find makes a reproduction rim for the '37. If you mention using a non Buick part on a Buick you would think you just sold secrets to the enemy.

Steel,

Thanks for the measurements. Like I said, I couldn't get close enough to the '36 I looked at last night. I didn't want to get too close to the car because it was a really nice car and I don't like to get too close to some else's car.