Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
DKnapp

Default 1928 Model A Business Coupe, Barn find, org.

City: Garfield
State: AR
Price: 7500

Fantastic barn find, early 1928 Model A Business Coupe. An early '28, but not the really early one. This one has the center squeeze handle brake, split brake cross shaft, powerhouse generator, radiator shroud, script fluted headlight lenses w/small conduit & no engraving, early hood side panels, no hump running board splash shields, drum tail light w/forged bracket & orig. red lens, early wheels w/narrower flange, forged running board brackets, sparton horn that works, '28 radiator shell no dents or cracks, early light switch spider, orig. door handles & "T" deck handle, early choke brkt mounted further under tank, orig. door sill plates, still has part of original hard rubber steering shaft floor seal, round center bumper clamp, moto-meter, orig. gas cap, tapered front brake shafts, early oil pan w/cleanout cover. The car has four shocks and links and original engine splash pans. The running boards are really nice w/orig. trim and forged brackets, but they have the 30-31 matting. Included will be a repo pop out, original elec, wiper, rebuilt Zenith carb, original rear window frame, new red steering wheel, orig. sediment bulb, orig starter switch, battery cover and steering shaft seal plates. This car is running, but not something you are going to drive home. The sheet metal on this car is great - NO breaks or welding in the fender edge beads. I cannot see any body work that is required. The trunk floor and front seat floor has some rust and these two panels should be replaced. The wheels all look real good without any bent or broken spokes and not pitted, but the tires and tubes are old (still holding air OK). The engine number is A227694 which makes it a July 1929 production.
The previous owner purchased a brand new top from LeBaron Bonney and it is still in the box unopened. It is listed as a Sport Coupe top and the cost was over $800.00. I have the original top invoice.
Here are the parts you will need to restore this car: trunk lid open bracket, tires, tubes, battery, screws for rear window frame, engine pans, molding at the bottom of the top, running board mat, front floor matt and interior upholstery kit. And top, unless you decide to use the new Sport Coupe top provided. Personally, I would sell this new top and buy the correct Business Coupe top.
This is the kind of car you want to start with if you want to build a blue-ribbon fine point judging car. I am asking $7500 with a $500 deposit to hold it. I can deliver anywhere from Nw Arkansas to Iola, Wis. in early July for gas expense. I have about 50 photos, email me at [email protected].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1DSC06317 right frt view.jpg (97.7 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg 2DSC06315 right rear view.jpg (106.9 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 3DSC06321 right front fender.jpg (109.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 4DSC06328 right frt fender.jpg (96.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06307 trunk floor.jpg (47.8 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06309 seat floor pan.jpg (82.6 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06202 powerhouse shroud.jpg (83.6 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by DKnapp; 05-31-2015 at 01:54 PM.
DKnapp is offline   Reply With Quote