Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-22-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
1965GTFB

Default Body Bolt Kit for 1956 F100 Big Window

I'm usually on the 1961-66 section of FTE (have a '65 I drive all the time and a '66 project) but am starting to help a friend/brother-in-law with a stalled 1956 Big Window project.
I did some searching here on FTE but looking for the most current/best answer to my Body Bolt Kit question.
Question is: Who make the best/most complete/best labeled/has every thing body bolt kit for a 1956 big window.
- The chassis and running gear are all done so no suspension bolts are needed.
Here's the back story:
- First, he was my best friend until he married my wife's sister and got demoted to BIL. Like a brother to me. Over the years he has restored several cars, 1927 Model T, 1955 Austin Healey 100M, and had other classics. I have multiple restorations under my belt.
- Due to the onset of Huntington's disease he can no longer do the work on his own, so I'm stepping in to help see to completion hopefully while he can still drive. Huntington's hits at different levels, his mother(WWII pilot) had it lived into 70s, their daughter has it and at 38 can no longer drive or work. So I'm going to set my projects aside to help him get his done.
- He bought a complete '56 big window in pieces YEARS ago. Original style frame/suspension/T-Bird 292 Y block, etc. with great sheet metal and many NOS parts.
- Years later bought a running driving '56 small window good body in primer, modern chassis w/ Mustang II/pwr rack/4 link/9"/built 351/AOD/etc.
- Bought new bed sheet metal with stake pocket and chain latch delete(from a Canadian co).
- I've got the paint & body guy all lined up to start on it.
- Plan is to remove ALL the small window truck body parts including bed and put them on the original style chassis he still has(that will all be sold) and mount all the big window body parts on the new chassis w/ drivetrain mocked up for the body guy to test fit before starting work.
- So, all the hardware holding the small window parts together will go with it and I want to get all new hardware for building the big window to make sure we aren't missing any thing.

So, throw your bolt kit recommendations at me.
Also if you know anyone looking for a small window '56 project on an original frame with no drivetrain let me know.
Thanks
1965GTFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
paul2748

Default Re: Body Bolt Kit for 1956 F100 Big Window

This section is for questions about the site, not technical matters. Repost your question on the Late V8 section
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote