Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
35 coupe

Default Check on your order from Macs

Placed an order from macs last tuesday 14, have not received it, and I am only 4hours drive from there. called today and they told me it was boxed on the 18th and for some reason been sitting in the shipping dept. ever since, customer service did not know why. so it will take about 2-3 weeks to get a 75.00 order from them. Glad it is winter and not in a hurry for the parts. If you ordered from there call, maybe they need a new shipping boss.
35 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Fred A

Default Re: Check on your order from Macs

I too am long waiting for an order that they have confirmed that they were holding deliberately for confirmation of my gift certificate. Seems that they get caught on a procedural glitch and have no authority to proceed with an order until all their internal issues are satisfied. Was never warned that orders could be held up even though they have held my money for months and my need of the parts would be little concern when balanced against their bungling. Took several days to get a strait story from Mac's, just that the telephone staff was "directed" to pass me off to a Tammy who was not in the office and never returns calls. All I got was Tammy's unresponsive voice mail. Note that their gift certificate process will set back any order while they wait for physical posession. That with the tangled list of conditions that the certificate is not useable, the whole thing appears to be a scheme to front them cash so they can perform poorly when it's time to redeem it. Could Macintosh be at that stage of his business that he spends too much time on the course and lets his money machine grind away unsupervised? Don't get me wrong, I recognize that we need these guys out there to keep our toys on the road but there seems to be little responsiveness when the needs of a customer runs into their rigid business organization. Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
rattlesnakehoey

Feelin' your pain 35 Coupe, spare a thought for Downunder & international 'Barners. I am on the cusp of ordering a whole mess of parts for my bro's 35 coupe & dreading the process. Options are limited. Maybe an online petition en mass to the Macs organ grinder instead of the monkeys to register complaint.
rattlesnakehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
GaryU.

Hate to hear the bad experiences from any vendor,since manufacturing in the U.S.A. seems to be waning, customer service should be a priority.Unfortunately I've experienced problems in the past and ask pointedly about shipping times from everyone!
GaryU. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
jimvette59

Ordered small parts on the 14th and they just sent a email they shipped today 9 days after the order. WTF they were never like this. I won't order from them any more, is all the vendors getting like this.
jimvette59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
46woodie

had same experience from MACS! Received parts 10 days later and only half parts were correct. Called to complain and they had to listen to recording of my order with their sales person to verify I had actually ordered parts in question(suggested I was lying). Called 2 days later to admit their mistake . They sent parts free shipping but took week(could have been 3day priority considering it was their mistake).No desire to do business with them in future!
46woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
35 coupe

I received an email telling me my ordered was shipped an hour after I called. they sent it out priority mail, could take 3 to 6 business days to get. I live 4 hours away, what kind of priority it that. Must be sending it by carrier pigeon.
35 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
russcc

They are waiting for the sh!!t from china.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
Fred A

Default To Each His Own Issue

For me it is that they held my order hostage while they waited for the snail mail to deliver the actual gift certificate which they had sold me and I provided the serial number. My wife talked to them also. I asked to talk to Macintosh and that was sidesteped. They avoided telling me the actual status of my order while sending me off to some "supervisor" who was always "out of the office" and didn't let me know that my concerns were real and they were going to do it their way. Out of my sight, that Tammy may have been the heroe of the whole thing but I would only have known that I was delaing with an unaccomodating entity. This was a two call a day going to three. I think the phone jockeys were a bit embarassed and double talked me until one poor girl that was not in on the scheme let me know what was really happening, which they all had denied in turn to me and my wife before the order was filled. I guess they thought it was raining. My point is: Don't get caught up in the BS that is the self serving offer of a gift certificate. As for the speed of the shipping, Mac's is not heroic, but not worthy of my urgent business. If It suits my needs they will get some of my business but at my convenience. Good Luck: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
V12Bill

Ordered parts on Feb 9, called on Feb21 to ask where they were, told that one item was on back order and shipment held up. Supposedly sent on Feb 21, looking for delivery tomorrow or Mon. Glad I'm not on the side of the road waiting for these parts.
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
34flathead

aw man, i just sent an order in a couple days ago to take advantage of their sale.
rich
34flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
mick

I"ve ordered lots and lots over many years and had nothing but good results. Maybe soneone is having a bad month , or something has changed .....let them know !
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
Lawrie

I have to give Snyders A parts praise, If we order parts on a thursday evening, they are delivered monday or tuesday morning
NOT bad considering we are in Central Queensland AUSTRALIA.
Lawrie
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
46ford

I order from them a lot, 1 to 2 days delivery to Michigan but I do always pay the $3.50 to have them shipped same day.

If there's time I drive up to Northwestern Auto in Grand Rapids, they have everything in stock and it's fun to visit
46ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
Cecil/WV

The fastest shipper is Joblot, unfortunately, they don't have the inventory that others have.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #16
JWL
Member Emeritus

Always good results with Mac's. However, after being in business for about 40 years I realize "stuff" happens and people screw up. No serious business person desires unsatisfactory performance from his company. If you give the owner the facts he will, nearly, always take corrective actions.
JWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
Ralph Moore

I just recieved a large order from Mac's, Out of two pages of parts, one was damaged, and the other was the wrong part in the right package. I called and told them and they told me to keep the bad ones, and they shipped the right parts to me, no charge, and I had them in three days to Alaska. So far they have done alright by me, but I think it depends on who takes your order and who you complain to.
Ralph Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Darlene

Gentlemen,
This is Darlene Waldmiller, Marketing Manager for MAC's Antique Auto Parts. I handle ecommerce (email and web) for MAC's and I am posting in place of our Vice President/owner, Randy McIntosh, who is out of office for a few days. First of all, let me apologize for any less than stellar customer service you may have received, as customer service is always a priority for MAC's. We are working very hard to make improvements in our shipping methods and response time on customer issues. We know we have some issues that we need to resolve to get orders out the door faster for everyone, but we still strive to provide an individual level of service, that at times, has caused unusually high delays. For instance, we contact customers individually on back orders to see if they WANT to back order the item, or not, because we know as car guys, you may prefer to search out the part you need right away for your restoration. We are investing more heavily in inventory, and even keep many "onesies" on hand that we don't even sell one of in a year, just in case we are the only place that has that one part left for a guy that really needs that part to complete his restoration. As a Lockport NY based company, our in-house customer service team strives to improve on their service every day, and we do take the time to react to issues. We are very thankful for our customers and appreciate forums like Ford Barn, where guys can talk and get help with their restoration questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me with company issues or website issues. I look forward to your feedback.
Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
Vergil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
Gentlemen,
This is Darlene Waldmiller, Marketing Manager for MAC's Antique Auto Parts. I handle ecommerce (email and web) for MAC's and I am posting in place of our Vice President/owner, Randy McIntosh, who is out of office for a few days. First of all, let me apologize for any less than stellar customer service you may have received, as customer service is always a priority for MAC's. We are working very hard to make improvements in our shipping methods and response time on customer issues. We know we have some issues that we need to resolve to get orders out the door faster for everyone, but we still strive to provide an individual level of service, that at times, has caused unusually high delays. For instance, we contact customers individually on back orders to see if they WANT to back order the item, or not, because we know as car guys, you may prefer to search out the part you need right away for your restoration. We are investing more heavily in inventory, and even keep many "onesies" on hand that we don't even sell one of in a year, just in case we are the only place that has that one part left for a guy that really needs that part to complete his restoration. As a Lockport NY based company, our in-house customer service team strives to improve on their service every day, and we do take the time to react to issues. We are very thankful for our customers and appreciate forums like Ford Barn, where guys can talk and get help with their restoration questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me with company issues or website issues. I look forward to your feedback.
Hi Darlene thanks for the post, you may want to stop in at the HAMB and post there also, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=674380
Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
Mike51Merc

Darlene:
Thanks for your response. I was one of the "late deliveries" a couple of weeks ago. You need to tell management that there are threads popping up on various message boards and people have definitely noticed the delays. Search here and on the HAMB for some other stories told by your customers.
Mike51Merc is offline   Reply With Quote