Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #1
quickchange

Default pos scammer

Advertised for a 32 horn , got couple replies , but one CARPART882, seem to recall someone with like name a scammer , had few mails but seems very vague on replies , no location , not going to deal with him , but just making other folk aware in case , thanks all ,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:00 PM   #2
38 Conv

Default Re: pos scammer

THAT IS A SCAM THEY SHOW YOU PARTS GIVE PRICE AND SHIPPING BUT WANT YOUR ADDRESS ASAP---PHONE CALL TO HIM VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND---STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAMMER
The BAD part on this site and HAMB a person will answer you email and give you there email and tell you oh they have your parts--- LOOK OUT
38 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:26 PM   #3
cars2cool

Search my posts from a couple of months ago. same complaint. Thanks for sharing.
cars2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:53 PM   #4
Lawrie

on a good note, I bought some nos rod bearings from a known business, had the parts, so, via their web site I ordered them , put my c/card details and got the generated reply.
two days later I look on my c/card account and see two charges, one for the amount and another 2 days later for nearly the same amount, but with pending on my account.
so I go to the e/mail and check on the tracking number, no such number , so I read the invoice again and get its UPS ,not USPS so try again ,same thing, well I think, that was a good scam ,it was only a few hundred $$, but thought I will try one more time, this time being careful to get the right tracking number ,and find I had not got it right before, . so find parts were picked up and in transit.great
I send an e/mail to the supplier asking about the two amounts on my card, they explained it was because they dont know the exact freight amount until they actually ship it.
Next day parts arrive, this is in Australia, and the first higher amount is gone from my account,
so a big thanks to Denis Carpenter ,great NOS bearings, fast freight and cheaper than I thought.
Lawrie
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
transbytip

I hope Ryan is reading this i have brought it to his attn.no results had the same problem with him as well as car part [email protected] as well as [email protected] as well as [email protected] i think they all are the same,might have another one has anyone heard of [email protected] Might be the same guy.Cliff.
transbytip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:24 PM   #6
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbytip View Post
I hope Ryan is reading this i have brought it to his attn.no results had the same problem with him as well as car part [email protected] as well as [email protected] as well as [email protected] i think they all are the same,might have another one has anyone heard of [email protected] Might be the same guy.Cliff.
Ryan doesn't have to read this; there is a "Report" button on every post; use it. If you are complaining about individuals in general that are not posting in the "Swap Meet" section, it's not Ryan's dutiy to police the internet in general.
tubman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
rich b

If you get a message (or email) from a member on the FB or HAMB referring you to someone else that have the parts you are are looking for; it is a good idea to look at the member's profile and scope out their history on the forum. Couple times the profile showed that they were freshly registered and that was a good clue there were scammers involved, so I didn't follow up.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:39 AM   #8
transbytip

Tubman Please find the post you are talking about to hit the report It was an e-mail i got that he was answering from a wanted ad I put on the barn.i informed Ryan of this.Get all the facts before you gripe about someone Cliff.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #9
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by transbytip View Post
Tubman Please find the post you are talking about to hit the report It was an e-mail i got that he was answering from a wanted ad I put on the barn. i informed Ryan of this. Get all the facts before you gripe about someone Cliff.
Just tryin' to help out and make things easier for everyone. Sorry you took it wrong.
tubman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:53 PM   #10
transbytip

Tubman.no problem just going thru some tough times,maybe a little too touchy.Has any one ever heard of a pacemaker probe coming thru the skin,I have one about ahalf in. out Operation monday cliff.