Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-09-2014, 02:46 AM   #1
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

Default Great picture submitted to Restorer magazine by Kurt Petersen of Oroville, WA

Kurt Petersen submitted a great 1950's photo that he found at a Seattle swap meet to the Restorer Magazine and it was printed on page 5 of the Nov/Dec 1995 issue.

I took a picture of that photo from the magazine, but it didn't turn out well.

Does anyone have a email address or phone number for Kurt?

The photo shows 4 boys playing cowboys on the top of a Tudor Sedan body in the middle of a field. Can anyone admit to being in the picture?

Maybe someone can take a better picture of the picture.

Regards, Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (24.4 KB, 372 views)
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Great picture submitted to Restorer magazine by Kurt Petersen of Oroville, WA

I think Kurt was one of the four Model A'ers who drove their Model A's around the world some time ago back in the late 70's say?

In the MAFCA 2010 Roster it gives his address only as P.O.Box 70, Oroville, WA 98844.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Great picture submitted to Restorer magazine by Kurt Petersen of Oroville, WA

Just look at the amazing condition of the body and paint when that poor Model A was put out to pasture.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
FL&WVMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA View Post
Kurt Petersen submitted a great 1950's photo that he found at a Seattle swap meet to the Restorer Magazine and it was printed on page 5 of the Nov/Dec 1995 issue.

I took a picture of that photo from the magazine, but it didn't turn out well.

Does anyone have a email address or phone number for Kurt?

The photo shows 4 boys playing cowboys on the top of a Tudor Sedan body in the middle of a field. Can anyone admit to being in the picture?

Maybe someone can take a better picture of the picture.

Regards, Neil
NEIL .................
Take your magazine to someone who has a scanner. You won't get a better print, unless you find the original print. Walgreen's or Walmart can do it for you, in their photo dept.
MIKE (mikeburch)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Joe K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
Just look at the amazing condition of the body and paint when that poor Model A was put out to pasture.
We were all rich then and cars were set aside simply because they were old - not necessarily because of a surplus of miles or a concern for safety or emissions.

Lessee. 1954 would make that Model A in the field 25 years old or so. I recently had occasion to stop into my local "junque-yard" and inquire to parts for a 1980 VW Diesel Rabbit. Which is now a car which is 34 years old.

"A what?" the young man behind the counter asks incredulous.

"A 1980 diesel Rabbit."

"They had diesels then?"

"Dern tootin they did - and with the height of the energy crisis on, people fought each other in the showrooms bidding the price up so they could buy their new diesel car."

He checked his computer (isn't everything on computer now?) and found the oldest car in the lot was built in 1992 - and was a Honda Accord. A 22 year old car is about maximum age that the junque-yard can afford to keep around.

But we are no longer rich. New cars are expensive and used car parts even more expensive. And legislated standards of maintenance are higher too with more cars being "condemned" due to emissions, safety, or possibly in "technical intimidation." Or given the marketplace, simply for the cost of repair exceeding marketplace worth.

Thread drift: I wonder when Auto insurance will become "mandatory" and everyone will be required to maintain certain levels of coverage.

And you'll all be able to keep your present car insurer, of course.

I wanna go back to 1965. I was old enough to know better - and did so.

Joe K
Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Drive Shaft Dave

I still have that issue, I remember at the time thinking like Tom about the body condition.
Drive Shaft Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #7
Growley bear

This photo brings to mind a model a that I once found in the woods in Kodiak, Alaska.
I was a two door sedan with the firewall hacked out with a cutting torch, a six cylinder chevy engine and transmission, and a spruce tree about 10 inches in diameter growing up through what used to be the roof. There were so many other trees all around it that the only way to remove it would have been with a helicopter. I wonder how long it had been there and if it still is.

Chet
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote