Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
oldf1guy

Default 1949 F2 Pickup

Hey guys, I have got alot of GOOD info and advice from you guys in the past on my old Fords. My friend has found a 1949 F2 Pickup. It is all there and has the Flathead V8 and 4 speed in the floor. I haven't seen it in person yet, I am going Thursday to look at it. My friend who called me about it said it has some rust on the front fenders and hood but not bad at all, it's red but the paint is faded. He said it has been sitting in a shed for about 20 years, but the motor turns. I know the truck will need work, but I would like your thoughts on buying a F2. I have only seen 2 in my life and I am 59 years old. I know most people like the F1 because the short bed just looks better than the long bed F2. I think a little different from most people and think a F2 would be cool just because you don't see many of them. I need to tell you guys the truth and tell ya'll that I don't plan to keep the truck just get it running (if it will) and put it up for sell even if it won't run. I am dissabled and on a fixed income and I am just going to try to make a dollar or two, because dissability dosen't pay my bills. So what do you guys think, is there a market out there for a F2? Or would I be wasting my time AND what little money I do have!!! Any input from you guys would be more than welcome!
oldf1guy is offline   Reply With Quote