Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2020, 02:04 AM   #1
Lawrie

Default 33 in the hills

Wife and I went away for a weekend in the 33 and our caravan, just a short trip about 60 miles down the valley, for a relaxing few days.
While there' we took a drive up into the hills in the 33 on the Saturday,they are called the Dawson range and the location is Croombit tops, asking at the info centre in town, well not really a town, just a shop and 1/2 dozen or so homes, the lady gave us a map and told us the dirt roads were quite rough and lots of steep hills, only suitable for 4WDs, she also told us that she ment 4WDs not all wheel drive cars,she was really concerned when she saw the 33, I told her it has a gearbox and was built Ford tough,
We were going to see the WW2 B24 that crashed in the war, but I took a wrong turn in the bush tracks and went miles off course, we had to retrace our drive and in the process used too much fuel , so never got to see the B24.( but we have been there before)
, at the end of the day on the way back we stopped to see her and get an ice cream ,she was greatly impressed when we told her where we had been.
We did a total of 220 miles, most of it in the hills in top or 2nd gear, no drama.
We are back home and the 33 just needs a thorough wash and clean.
Lawrie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB210008.jpg (103.2 KB, 536 views)
File Type: jpg PB210009.jpg (110.1 KB, 526 views)
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote