Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-31-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
Bob from Northport

Default Anyone had dealings with CJ Pony parts??

Had a rather bad experience with CJ when purchasing some sun visors for a 69 Mustang. They sent the wrong color, and I had to jump through hoops with photos and emails to show them. Then they wanted me to drive 40 miles to a Fedex drop off site for return. I finally got fed up and told them to forget it. I'll buy them somewhere else. Most incompetent bunch I have ever had dealings with. Nothing but a drop ship site.
Old 08-01-2023, 05:53 PM   #2
craig

Default Re: Anyone had dealings with CJ Pony parts??

About 15 years ago I bought a bunch of stuff for a '65 Mustang. I was disappointed in the quality, some of it was not what I ordered. I gave up trying to get them to take it back. You are correct about them being a drop ship site. There are better vendors out there.
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:19 PM   #3
RBRanche

They do not care about customer service. Ordered a complete 67 Mustang GT Grill kit. Kit showed up missing fog light brackets. Received a email a couple days later saying brackets were back ordered and will be available in 2 weeks. 2 weeks passed, no brackets. Another email was sent, now a 6 week wait. called CJ Pony, explained I had a car in the shop that the owner would like it finished and insisted they source the brackets from another vendor to complete the order, when they sell a kit, it should be a kit and not missing parts. They refused and told me to buy the brackets from another vendor if I couldn't wait. will never do business with them again.
RBRanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:12 PM   #4
mobileparts

I had some glorious N.O.S. Parts, that I shared with many of the Mustang vendors ( who had money and a brain…)

I get the distinct belief and opinion that they are operating as a bare bones operation — and they are simply a Chineseum outsourcing outfit….
mobileparts is offline   Reply With Quote