Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Bob/AZ

Default Show Posters?

I am interested in having my local print shop make a poster to put on an easel for an upcoming show and would like to see examples of what y'all might have. I just can't decide how much information to include, order of presentation, Ford history, etc. Thanks for the help.
Bob/AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Show Posters?

i made this poster myself on shutterfly. i just did a series of pics from original condition and the restoration process. its unlimitied what you can do which suits your needs. it was fun designing it and making it myself. i also made my own calenders and t-shirts from there.

9c06a646.jpg
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
bobpo

Having been a Sign Painter for over 50 years has allowed me experience in these Show Posters. I've done hundreds. Plexiglas is a great material. Color is great. But Masonite is also good with a colored (other than white) background. Don't use a light weight posterboard. It will collapse of blow down.

In the Restoration area, Photos are most important. Also include as much background about the car as possible. Keep items in the order in which they took place so the person reading it doesn't become confused.

In the Copy area, First and foremost should be Owner/Restorer.

If you have a great paint job for example, you can include the Painter's name or shop. Usually not necessary would be the name of the engine rebuilder, rebuilder of driveline etc..

All these items are up to you, but remember to keep it as simple as possible.

Most Posters include 5-8 lines of copy. (besides the photos) Make the copy large enough to ready without the reader having to lean over the poster and possibly knocking something over. 3/4" to 1".

Good Luck

I love to see posters displayed by a car. Many don't say anything other than the year and owner of the car. That's sad. Go Fot IT......
bobpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
bobgreco

I have what I think is a neat display that I am working on, but it will not let me upload it as it is a powerpoint slide. I have not sent it to the printer yet, but will shortly. It is going to be 24 inches wide by 36 inches tall and mounted on 1/2" foam core poster board.

If you would like to see it, send me an email ([email protected]) and I will send you the file.

Bob
bobgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
'29wagon

i recommend plex or polycarbonate. there are many types , the museum glass type, still plex seems to disappear .
i've got a lot of scraps from working with a sign outfit .
heat it to bend, drill it , paint it , sand it , scratches easy, flame it to clear the edges. looks like glass.
mostly narrow remnants but if anyone needs some . shoot me a pm to discuss sizes, shipping and slight handling.
'29wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
ryan1929

Hey Bob , Keep it simple. You dont want a bunch of pictures of your car on it because your car is right their. may I suggest just one one picture of the restoration or even i old addvertisment picture. If you would like to see what I did with mine please contact me [email protected]
ryan1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
Bob/AZ

Thanks to all for your ideas. We are pretty remote up here in the eastern AZ mountains so I don't get to many (any) shows to get ideas on such stuff. There is a "chrome in the dome" show in a little town near me (Eagar, AZ) this month. It is one of only two or three domed high school stadiums in the country I think. Takes all the fun out of football in a snow storm. You could put the whole town and their extended families in there with room to spare. You can check it out at chromeinthedomeaz.com . I know they would like to see more model a's there. We are about equidistant from Albuquerque and Phoenix.
Bob/AZ is offline   Reply With Quote