Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
MuskegonFlatheadFan

Default The Christmas spirit

There is a heart warming story out of Cedar Springs, MI. about a sisters love for her brother. This is the original FaceBook post that I'm referring to.

"ASKING FOR EVERONES HELP! As most of you know I have ...Custody of my 50 year old brother who is mentally handicapped and is overjoyed by the simple things in life. Brother Donny looks forward every year to getting one Christmas card and that comes from his Uncle Denny which is the only living biological relative he had left on his fathers side. The card that he sent to his uncle came back to us today and it appears that Uncle Denny may have passed away based on the return to sender label. I wont be sharing this with Brother Donny until I find out for sure but in the meantime if you could find it in your heart to send him a Christmas card it would mean more to him then you would ever realize. If you decide to do so his address is: Donny Whipple, 15263 Pine Lake Ave, Cedar Springs Michigan 49319. Please address it only to Donny as the excitement that comes from his eyes when he sees his name on an envelope is priceless! Facebook will only let me tag 20 people so if you are not tagged it does not mean that your card will mean any less. Lets make sure he keeps on believing "

As of today, Donnie has received over 2300 cards, from all over the country, and around the world. Those of you who have Facebook, can check it out here;
https://www.facebook.com/cardsfordonnie/timeline

There are still three states to be heard from, Utah, Hawaii and New Hampshire. With the broad reach that the Ford barn has, I'm sure we can get those covered. Lets hear from all "over seas" barners too.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Bill
MuskegonFlatheadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
Gumpy

Default Re: The Christmas spirit

Done,,,,Merry Christmas
"I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in Charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about". Quote by Henry Ford
Gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote