Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #21
Bud

Default Re: A Code of Ethics for the National Model A Clubs

If you look there is a code of ethics noted for judges on the MAFCA site. But this only covers the behavior of judges judging an owners car. It would not extend to their behavior elsewhere. I searched the MARC site for the word "ethics" and nothing matched the search term. The national clubs probably don't want to touch this topic with a ten foot pole. And I would say clubs, with their internal politics, would not either.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #22
alexiskai

You could encourage clubs to adopt a conflict-of-interest bylaw stating that club members may not purchase, from any other member or the relative of a member, any item for which they also provide a fair-market appraisal, paid or unpaid. It doesn't have to be enforced, instead you just make sure it's clear to everyone that this behavior is unethical. You mention it at meetings, you mention it whenever a sale is being discussed, whenever someone passes away, etc.

That would take care of a lot of the behavior that's unethical but not illegal. Most of the other incidents discussed here are just illegal – you don't need a bylaw about fraud or theft.
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #23
Ed in Maine

I think if your cars a all together most likely you will not have any trouble moving them out of your garage after your death. Contact your nearest Model A clubs and and make it known the cars are for sale. There is always eBay motors. I have enjoyed this hobby for over 57 years and the time is coming when you have say "its over!" It was never my intent to make any money off of the hobby. My biggest fear is that my heirs would back up to the garage doors with a dumpster and throw away all the parts and tools. I made my wife promise to call the local clubs and give it all away if necessary. I feel strongly that these parts have to preserved for those that are trying to put cars together or keep them on the road. I have started to label things so that others not in the hobby will know what they are. As a guide, you may put an average price on things but remember the most important thing is that the stuff ends up on some else's shelf after you are gone. Just my take, Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote