Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
gkgeiger

Default 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe 276ci Flathead

City: Akron
State: Ohio
Price: 30,000

After much consideration, I've decided to list my "39 Deluxe Coupe for sale. I bought the car about 3 years ago with the intention of just having a nice old driver. The car had some work done many years ago and the paint looks like it could be 25 years old. It has some touch up and some recent repaint but don't let the pictures fool you. It's a great 50 foot'r. There are some worn threw spots and some dull spots, but most people like the patina. I had no intentions of a repaint. There are a couple small dents in the left rear fender. The body was very solid, the floors have no holes. Anyway, back to the nice driver thought. It had a 59AB that was supposed to be good. Well it smoked bad and didn't have much power. So, I pulled the engine and had it rebuilt. While I was at it I installed a new 4" crank and had it bored to 276ci. It has a Harmon Collins ¾ cam, a polished Slingshot intake and 2 new 97's furnished by Max. I put a set of Red's headers and dual Smithy's on with stainless tips out the back. All of the electrics are new or rebuilt, starter, generator, distributor and Ford script battery. The car is 6 volt and all the gauges work with the exception of the temp. it has a mechanical temp gauge under the dash. I have never seen the temp above 180. It has a new clutch and the flywheel was resurfaced. All new motor mounts. I disassembled the trans. and put new gaskets and seals in. The brakes are rebuilt with new cylinders (master included) and shoes. I put a new Bendix style brake assy. on the front for better stopping power. The drums all cleaned up under .060. I installed a 4" dropped Sid's axle with a Posies Super Slider front spring. The car has all new tube shocks and a new tie rod and drag link. It also has a new Drake gas tank with an inline electric fuel pump as a backup. The glass is all acceptable with new rear windows. The interior is very usable with no rips or tears. The chrome and stainless is OK. The hood and deck lid stay up when opened, that wasn't the case when I got it. The stock '39 wheels are powder coated and trim rings were added. The car has 5.50X16 fronts and 7.00X16 rears. The tires are Coker Classic Radials. As you can see I did a lot with over $10k spent on parts alone. The car runs and drives great. If you have any questions start with a PM.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
gkgeiger

Default Re: 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe 276ci Flathead

Sorry not interested in a trade and price is fairly firm.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
gkgeiger

Default Re: 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe 276ci Flathead

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Sold

Last edited by gkgeiger; 06-26-2014 at 04:17 PM.
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote