Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-14-2021, 03:23 AM   #1
TerryH

Default Glenn Johnson

Long time member here, and frequent contributor in the past, Glenn Johnson passed away earlier today. Glenn was a long time Model A owner, and restored several since the 1960’s. He was a very active and past President of the Orange County Model A Ford Club. Many years ago he and his wife Sharon had moved up north near Placerville, where they had a wonderful home in the foothills, complete with a huge garage, fully equipped to store and work on his A’s. Several years ago, he began suffering from dementia, forcing them to move back to S. California near family, and to sell his beloved Model A’s.
Glenn was a true friend to many of us in our Model A community, and a wonderful presence for many years.....may he Rest In Peace.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #2
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Glenn Johnson

Glenn in Camino? https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/member.php?u=255 Sorry to hear that. I never had a chance to meet Glenn but always enjoyed his posts on Ford Barn.

Rest in Piece, Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img065 (800x581).jpg (344.2 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 03-14-2021 at 10:33 AM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
Floats

RIP Glenn.
28 Model A RPU, 29 Chevy Phaeton, 67 E Type FHC, 67 250SL Pagoda, 83 911 SC
Floats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
TerryH

Yes, Glenn lived in Camino, very close to Placerville. Besides his very early 1929 Model A Station Wagon, he had a very nicely restored 1930 Deluxe Delivery that he and Sharon toured in. Along with the Model A Touring Club, they made many extensive trips, including to Europe. Sharon was also very involved with the Model A Era clothing.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:41 AM   #5
Gary Karr

I first met Glenn in 1970 at the annual Yuma Tour where he always showed up with one of his incredible Model A's. He was always a big presence at the Orange County Pancake Breakfast as we as many national meets, regional outings and swap meets. I remember going to his office in Orange, CA , where he proudly displayed his black 1929 Coupe in the lobby. What a site! Glenn was one of the friendliest Model A'ers around. I have nothing but great memories of Glenn and Sharron and send my deepest sympathy to Sharon and his family.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #6
Steve Plucker
BANNED

When I was restoring my 1929 Standard Coupe, I had written Glenn a few letters to ask him about some detail information. When I moved to Bakersfield, CA in the early part of the 1980's, I drove down to Glenn's shop and visited with him for a few hours. Avery nice fellow. Rest in Peace Glenn.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:10 PM   #7
BrianH

I am the new owner of Glenn's 1929 Standard Coupe.
I've known Glenn since the late 70's. I only saw this car once back then and when I saw it was for sale I bought it site unseen. Knowing how well Glenn restored this car and kept it maintained I knew I could not go wrong. I would add a picture but, When I click add photo it asks for URL? I'm confused!

RIP GLENN!
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:19 PM   #8
Tom Endy

Sad news! I knew Glenn for more than 30 years, he was one of the most generous guys in the Model A kingdom. And an all around great human being.

Glenn was an architectural Model builder by profession and for many years owned and operated a business across the street from C. W. Moss, the Model A parts supplier in the City of Orange, California.

Glenn was the heart and soul of the Orange County Modal A ford Club.

Rest in peace my friend.

Tom Endy
Tom Endy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #9
McMimmcs

May he Rest In Peace and May his family find comfort in knowing that others care !
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:47 PM   #10
Doug Linden

OH no, such sad news. I always enjoyed our visits with Glenn and Sharon at the national events we would be attending. We seemed to be on the same breakfast schedule so it was
nice to enjoy some quiet time with them. He will be missed for sure.
Doug Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:48 PM   #11
henry's 31

Sorry to hear about another great model a restorer passing.Our deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Rest in Peace Glenn.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:59 AM   #12
Richard in Anaheim CA

We were friends for 50 years, members of Orange Co Model A Club and toured together thousands of miles. He was everything others have mentioned and more.

This short story may will give you some insight. Phone rings, Glenn says "What are you doing"? Just sitting here drinking coffee and reading the paper. Glenn, " I'm tired of watching that visor of yours flapping in the breeze in my rear view mirror. Bring it to my house. I'm going to fix it, and bring that front fender hanging in your garage too.

Yes, he fixed it alright. The visor, front fender, stripped the hood, cowl, drivers door, painted beautifully, adjusted everything and a couple of weeks later took a picture in front of his house and sent it to MAFCA picture site under 28 Tudor where it remains.

We have stayed in contact with Sharon these last difficult years and Glenn is now at peace.

He will live on in our hearts until we meet again.

Richard
Anaheim,CA
Richard in Anaheim CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #13
kawagumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I would add a picture but, When I click add photo it asks for URL? I'm confused!

RIP GLENN!

Hi Brian...
Go to the Advanced reply, click on the attachments image (paper clip), and a "manage attachments" window will appear from which you can upload pictures directly from your computer. You will need to resize it under 600kb or so to be able to work (you should be able do that in Windows Paint with any of the later versions of Windows). After it is uploaded you hit the attachments again and the picture file will be shown, then click on that. Have your cursor set to where you want the picture to show before you do that tho'.
Hope that helps...

Tom
kawagumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #14
Marshall V. Daut

BrianH -
Check your "Private Messages" in the top right corner of this web page. I've written a simple explanation how to post photos here.
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:34 AM   #15
mhsprecher

I enjoyed his posts and looking at the woodie in his avatar. Sorry to hear of his recent struggles. Blessings to him and his family.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:42 AM   #16
BrianH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawagumby View Post
Hi Brian...
Go to the Advanced reply, click on the attachments image (paper clip), and a "manage attachments" window will appear from which you can upload pictures directly from your computer. You will need to resize it under 600kb or so to be able to work (you should be able do that in Windows Paint with any of the later versions of Windows). After it is uploaded you hit the attachments again and the picture file will be shown, then click on that. Have your cursor set to where you want the picture to show before you do that tho'.
Hope that helps...

Tom

Thank you!
Old 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM   #17
BrianH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall V. Daut View Post
BrianH -
Check your "Private Messages" in the top right corner of this web page. I've written a simple explanation how to post photos here.
Marshall

Thank you!