Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
37 Coupe

Default Tom Wesenberg and my generators

I know I will probably take heat from this post because he is popular and I am not but I am at my wits end. I sent him two generators that he said he would rebuild almost a year ago now.With it was also sent two brand new armatures and one new pulley so some money is involved. I have since emailed him to see what the progress is and last time I did was the fall I just told him to send everything back and I would pay for his time involved and shipping.I have since bought yet another generator just to get running for the spring here and again just want my others back and I will finish them myself like I should have to begin with but thought I would save some time. I don't have his phone number only email and private messages. I am not trying to diss him I know he is a good ,honest knowledgeable man I just want him to take a few minutes away from his now busy life to go to the post office.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
Big hammer

Default Re: Tom Wesenberg and my generators

Sent you a PM !
Old 03-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big hammer View Post
Sent you a PM !
Got it.Thank You.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #4
Jeff/Illinois

I know that Tom has had a LOT going on lately. A good friend was just on the phone with him about a month ago, wanting to send a starter up to Minnesota for a re-build. Tom was polite and told him there's no way he can get to it for the foreseeable future, he has tons of work and all to get done around the house plus earlier jobs people have sent him.

I'm sure your PM sent to you, explained all of it. Be careful not to vent your frustrations here. Unfortunately you just didn't know all what is going on. Please do not torque the man off so that he abandons this site. We will all miss his input. Dearly. If that were to happen.

Tom is still one of the finest guys you will meet, and an expert on Model A Fords. And about as honest as they come
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
al's28/33

Jeff I must agree 100% with you. I sent Tom a couple of Powerhouse gennys to rebuild several years ago and it did take him quite some time to rebuild and ship back to me. He is a genuine true-blue God honest human being. I know he migrates to warmer weather during the cold Minnesota winters and maybe sometimes he has a lot on his plate, I do hope the Good Lord is watching out for him and he can help. His posts are some of the most informative here.
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #6
Jim M

Same here!!! Tom has been VERY helpful to me as a 76 y/o newbie to the hobby.
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
30 Closed Cab PU

At the point of being unpopular, I see both sides. Tom is a great resource, nice guy, etc. Does fantastic work.

But somewhere there is a communications issue, and in 37 Coupe's position I would be very frustrated too. Sounds like he was not told the situation up front and since then, not till now.

So 37 Coupe in his frustration asked for help here. And let us know the complete background

Am not quite sure what I am trying to say here, maybe just letting him know his frustration is understood.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #8
37 Coupe

Yes,thank you,basically I was venting over this and was able by my post to get a phone number and called him today. I knew I would draw some heat so I did try not to diss him and all I knew about him was from you guys that is why I asked him about working on them a year ago. I think I am pretty patient and after we talked he is going to try and find them and finish the job. So now all I need is for Ryan to remove my original post and thanks to Tom and others who read it a P.M the phone number.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:58 PM   #9
30 Closed Cab PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
Yes,thank you,basically I was venting over this and was able by my post to get a phone number and called him today. I knew I would draw some heat so I did try not to diss him and all I knew about him was from you guys that is why I asked him about working on them a year ago. I think I am pretty patient and after we talked he is going to try and find them and finish the job. So now all I need is for Ryan to remove my original post and thanks to Tom and others who read it a P.M the phone number.
Thanks for the update
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:39 PM   #10
Ted Duke

Quote:
I don't think you need to delete it. You have a right to complain and I would guess Tom has a reason he has dropped the ball. It's life.

I gave my 29 Model a starter to my dearest friend years ago as my A wouldn't be ready for several years. He does restoration of alternators for Chrysler vehicles. He lost some pieces, found replacement and my starter is sitting. Heart attack, leg problems, etc. I won't even ask him about it. I bought another. When he gets his life together I will get it and PERFECT shape.

Chill a little. Ted

P.S. I can send you a generator. I have at least two I will not use.
T
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #11
Ted Duke

Oops, mine are Model A, may not help you, but if they will, the offer is real.
Ted Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:42 PM   #12
Merc Cruzer

Quote:
If you want you can always go in an edit the post, without deleting it.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote