Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
51PanelMan

Default Ooga horn help

I have three "aftermarket" 6v ooga horns. Two are the Hutchins brand and the third is of unknown brand. I have tested each horn and all are in working order. However, two of them are not sounding correct. The only one that sounds close to an ooga horn is the one in the middle of the picture. The horns on each end sound the same and have a steady sound, if that makes sense. I have tried adjusting the horn on the left with the adjusting nut/bolt, but the sound remains the same. I do not see any external adjustment bolt/nut/screw on the horn on the right end. I have tried adjusting the inner "gear" that rotates and rubs against the diaphragm.

I really want to install these horns into each one of my vehicles, but am only satisfied with the sound of the horn in the middle. Does any one have any suggestions on how to get the two horns on the end to sound more like an "ooga"? Do these horns require lubrication and if so, how and where should they be lubricated? Does the inner "gear" that makes contact with the bolt on the diaphragm need to be adjusted? Does the bolt on the diaphragm also need to be adjusted? If so, how is that done?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

51PanelMan is offline   Reply With Quote